Talk

Advanced search

Is this abnormal?

(7 Posts)
BurningStar Mon 12-Feb-18 23:36:19

I had a medical termination 5 weeks ago. I'm STILL bleeding. Is this normal? It's getting me down. I went for a scan 2 weeks ago and all was clear and she said the bleeding should stop soon. It hasn't it keeps lightening and then returning to a normal period with clots.

I was told bleeding should between 2-3 weeks.

Idontdowindows Mon 12-Feb-18 23:43:01

Yes, the bleeding should have stopped and bleeding that goes on for more than the indicated period is a reason to seek medical help.

Please see a doctor.

esk1mo Mon 12-Feb-18 23:44:02

i bled for 3-4 weeks after mine. is it getting lighter? less clots?

MotherforkingShirtballs Mon 12-Feb-18 23:50:01

I had a miscarriage which was medically managed - the same process is used - and I bleed for six weeks afterwards. I think part of it might have been a period as it got lighter and lighter and by week four was pink/light red spotting then it got heavier like a period and then tapered off and stopped (then I got a definite period four weeks later which is what makes me think the end part of the bleeding was a period).

Definitely see your GP though or contact the clinic where you had your termination of they gave you an aftercare phone number as prolonged bleeding can be a sign of infection and may need treatment flowers

BurningStar Mon 12-Feb-18 23:51:38

Thank you flowers It's up and down, some days I think ah it's finished then boom, bright red blood and clots sad

Idontdowindows Tue 13-Feb-18 00:00:09

Did you not get the leaflet they should have provided you with and the aftercare phone number?

I know I was told if the bleeding persisted after 2 - 3 weeks I should come back in for a checkup.

Schoolquery1 Tue 13-Feb-18 00:03:54

Yes definitely get it checked. The fact you mention clots etc..as opposed to light spotting that progressively gets lighter. That would be the reason I would go. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: