Talk

Advanced search

To think you shouldn't let your dog out at night so he can shit in my garden?

(11 Posts)
Blue384729 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:27:48

I rent a house in a row of houses which have a shared pathway along the back of them. Imagine, a row of semi detached houses (with shared access side pathways along the non-detached sides), then the long shared access pathway, running along the back of the houses, then the gardens.

A few weeks ago, I was coming back from somewhere late at night and I saw a bulldog/pug type dog in the shared access side path. I was astonished. Why would a dog be out at 10pm or so?!

Yesterday, I went out to the back garden for the first time in weeks, and along my section of the shared back path, were 2/3 dog shits, at varying stages of freshness.

Ten mins ago I noticed my neighbour's security light come on and I looked out the window wondering what had set it off. Bugger me, there's the dog again, and it starts barking at me, through the door! At 23:15!!

AIBU to wonder who the hell lets their dogs out at this time??

GertNBert Mon 12-Feb-18 23:29:35

YANBU. Will you speak to them tomorrow?

Blue384729 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:31:07

The thing is, I don't know which neighbour it is!

Idontdowindows Mon 12-Feb-18 23:31:12

We had a similar problem in our street.

I put a video camera up and recorded her dog shitting in the shared access and other people's gardens, put it on a CD, collected the shit in a bag and posted it all through their door.

Mind you, this was AFTER I'd asked them several times to stop their dog from shitting there and after they'd denied their dog was doing that at all.

Blue384729 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:31:27

It could be any neighbour along the 'row'...

MotherforkingShirtballs Mon 12-Feb-18 23:32:49

I'd report them to the dog warden at the council. Ours takes details of where the shitting is happening and the approximate time of day then attempts to catch people in the act. He caught someone from the street next to ours who was letting his dog shit on our street at around 10/11pm most nights.

Dancingfairy Mon 12-Feb-18 23:33:10

Lots of people walk their dogs late. Was it in the shared path or the garden?

ToadOfSadness Mon 12-Feb-18 23:34:21

Walk along the houses barking until you get a reply. Collect poo into a bag and deposit on the doorstep, and hope there is not another house with a dog.

Blue384729 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:42:31

The dog wasn't being walked, he's got no one with him and no collar. The path at the back of our homes isn't a public right of way, it's just a weird shared path for this row of homes and is blocked in at either side by fences at the first and last house in the row.

Love the idea of reporting to the dog warden, thank you.

justilou1 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:57:00

Pick up the dog, take it home and report it to the council as "Lost". Let them know you've witnessed it outside your place crapping everywhere for days, and you are worried about the poor thing being all alone in the cold, late at night by itself. The owner will at the very least have to collect it from the pound.

T1M2N3T4 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:40:26

We had a neighbour down a terrace street letting their dogs shit down a private back alley. Their house was the only one without a fence as they parked their car in the back yard. One of the other neighbours used to shovel the shit back into their yard and eventually onto their car until they finally started cleaning it up. Was heaven when they moved

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: