Talk

Advanced search

To be really excited because ...

(24 Posts)
Helendee Mon 12-Feb-18 23:14:50

I found out that Asda sell Findus crispy cheese pancakes?
I almost shouted with joy and bought several packs.
DH wants to have me put down.

MrsMaxwell Mon 12-Feb-18 23:15:54

I thought they were discontinued- are you sure they aren’t just really really old? grin

SilverySurfer Mon 12-Feb-18 23:16:29

I'm really thrilled for you boak

tobee Mon 12-Feb-18 23:17:18

Is it possible to eat them without getting lava tongue?

OwlinaTree Mon 12-Feb-18 23:17:22

Have they got the baked beans ones too?

AHH childhood beige food! It was the future!

Judashascomeintosomemoney Mon 12-Feb-18 23:19:13

It’s ok MrsM with the kind of stuff they’ve got in them they’ll never go offsmile

Helendee Mon 12-Feb-18 23:20:58

The lava tongue was the fun bit lol.
Ah childhood tea times, food of the gods. smile

Helendee Mon 12-Feb-18 23:21:29

Now I really want the baked bean ones!

HashtagTired Tue 13-Feb-18 00:33:12

Mmmmm my guilty pleasure used to be the baked bean pizza!

OhBeggerItsMorning Tue 13-Feb-18 01:18:54

We found Crispy Pancakes in Asda a little while ago, then found them in our Tesco (which is closer to us than Asda) and I think I saw them in our local Sainsburys, which I can walk to!

Used to love them as a child, when I tried them as an adult after finding them again I still loved them and introduced them to our children. I wonder if they will introduce them to their children.

NumbersLetters Tue 13-Feb-18 01:21:30

Have they got any Toast Toppers?

salakadolamoo Tue 13-Feb-18 01:26:45

Loved Toast Toppers! And cheese crispy pancakes

YANBU at all OP

FrogFairy Tue 13-Feb-18 01:29:15

Toast Toppers were lush and only disappeared from B&M a couple of years ago.

If I were to find them anywhere I would clear the whole shelf.

halfwitpicker Tue 13-Feb-18 01:30:45

Like the ones in the 80's?

NumbersLetters Tue 13-Feb-18 01:31:29

I had no idea they existed beyond the early 80s! I can imagine the taste right now

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 13-Feb-18 01:38:18

We were never allowed these as kids so I might just go and buy some in defiance of my mothers stupid rule!!

AjasLipstick Tue 13-Feb-18 02:02:31

Why would anyone want to eat that many additives?

Drivemecrazy1974 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:35:11

I am a bit of foodie, but I do love a Crispy Pancake - didn't know they still produced them, but will be making sure I get some soon now (especially the minced beef ones) - one thing though, they HAVE to be served with crinkle cut chips - it's the only way.
And whoever mentioned Toast Toppers - I REALLY want some now, I loved these and was gutted when they stopped producing them.
Oh, life was so much simpler in the 1970s and 1980s before we knew that food was full of preservatives and not so good for us.
Still, a little bit of what you fancy and all that!!
Other foods I'd like to bring back include Cadbury's Spira, Treets (M&Ms are not the same, no matter what anybody says), and Pot Noodles before they removed the extra salt etc (you'd have to go back to the late 1980s for the proper taste, I think!).
It's not right to be hankering after this many additives at 7.35am!!

Helendee Tue 13-Feb-18 09:29:21

Drivemecrazy

My life has not been the same since they did away with cheese and tomato flavour pot noodles back in the 80s! Fresh chips from the local chippy and pot noodle poured over them... heaven!
You may have twigged I have the least sophisticated palate on the planet. grin

cherrytree63 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:34:52

Ooh they're on my shopping list today for sure!
Drivemecrazy don't be silly, the correct way to serve crispy cheese pancakes is in a sandwich. White bread and a carving of butter. grin

Rewn7 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:37:17

Put them on a barm cake. Proper northern tea yum grin

BrazzleDazzleDay Tue 13-Feb-18 09:38:43

We were looking for the mince ones last week, neither supermarket here sells them though

GrannyGrissle Tue 13-Feb-18 19:42:55

I was so excited at the prospect of my first voyage into Tesco Delivery service today I was hopping from foot to foot waiting for it to get here. As this has been the biggest and by far the most thrilling event in my life so far this year (and probably last year too) I understand your disproportionate excitement over the mundane OP though imagine your life is a fucktonne more exciting than mine but I have Hagen Daz rum n raisin ice cream so don't care

AngryAnnie Tue 13-Feb-18 19:51:52

Have you tried them yet Helendee? I used to eat them by the packet deep fried as a teenager but don’t deep fry anything these days so fear I’ll be disappointed by them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now