Advanced search

To be slightly miffed at this non event

(16 Posts)

I mean, in the grand scheme of things it’s a non event!

DFriend went on holiday to Australia and asked me to just bring her mail in (communal letterbox so obvious if she’s not there) and just keep an eye on the place...I walk past her house everyday so no big deal...she asked if I wanted anything bringing back and I said I would LOVE if you brought back X, I used to work for Aussies and had them all the time and miss them....she brought me back Y which is a different product with different kind of filling and biscuit but same flavour combo because she prefers them.

Why ask if you won’t bring back what I asked for?!

I’m now sad I didn’t get them!!

Blanca87 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:33:38

If the request was Cherry Ripes and you were given tim tams , I would ditch this so called friend.....

SeaCabbage Mon 12-Feb-18 20:50:13

Was it Tim Tams you wanted? If so, that friend ain't no friend grin.

SeaCabbage Mon 12-Feb-18 20:50:45

cross post! Tim Tams are the best!

teaandtoast Mon 12-Feb-18 20:54:37

What a weird lack of effort on her part!

VandelayIndustries Mon 12-Feb-18 20:59:22

I wonder if she forgot and had to do some airport panic buying.

You can get Tim tams at Ocado.

HotelEuphoria Mon 12-Feb-18 21:04:06

I think it's very sad if Tim Tams are the best that Australia have to offer. They are like a slightly better Penguin biscuit. Better yes, but still pretty poor.

Don't be nostalgic OP, the reality whatever it was, will be worse than the memory.

Whatshallidonowpeople Mon 12-Feb-18 21:06:46

I've had this before. I asked for peanut butter and grape jelly and I was brought back strawberry and peanut butter (Which I don't like) because "you can buy the grape in a shop in London" for £8 a jar. Next time, instead of keeping an eye on the house, set fire to it. grin

Idontdowindows Mon 12-Feb-18 21:22:04

Well, that would make me sad too. Looking forward to getting thing A and ending up getting thing B which you didn't want in the first place!

TheRagingGirl Mon 12-Feb-18 21:23:51

If the request was Cherry Ripes and you were given tim tams , I would ditch this so called friend

No, that's the wrong way round. Cheerry Ripes take 'em or leave 'em.

But TIM TAMS? Tim Tams.

I don't miss much about Australia (very little to miss really), except musk lifesavers and Tim Tams. and not the dark chocolate ones, they're almost healthy

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Mon 12-Feb-18 21:25:47

My Mum went to Japan and asked me if I wanted anything, so I asked for Green Tea Kit Kats. She couldn't remember exactly what I'd asked for but she did remember that there was a colour in the name, so she brought back Red Bean Kit Kats. So wrong, so very, very wrong.

I’m not saying TimTams are all Australia has to offer but they’re a distinct advantage!

Ocado don’t do the mint or coconut ones!

I’m not trying to recreate a long lost love...I last had one in November!

I’ve also just realised I never received a cherry ripe or pineapple chunks I wanted...fuming! shock wink

I just don’t get why you would take it apon yourself to make those decisions for another person!

Black that’s a travesty!!

Next time, instead of keeping an eye on the house, set fire to it

Well that’s an absolute given!! grin

Amanduh Mon 12-Feb-18 23:07:46

Sanza will give you all these things. About £4 postage mind but cheaper than a flight to oz grin

I’m in heaven! That site not only has TimTams but has chicken salt for a start!

Thank you!

TheSnowFairy Mon 12-Feb-18 23:51:05

<whispers> you might want to keep it quiet or us Brits who haven't yet tried them may buy some to see what all the fuss is about grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now