Talk

Advanced search

Pancakes for tea or a dessert

(146 Posts)
FoofFighter Mon 12-Feb-18 19:31:57

Settle a minor major! disagreement please.

Is it acceptable to have pancakes only as the main meal tomorrow night or should it be a main meal then pancakes as dessert?

Whichever has the most votes for we will do I am cooking and will do whatever I want anyway grin

Bambamber Mon 12-Feb-18 19:33:22

I personally wouldn't have pancakes for dinner, it would either be breakfast or dessert. No idea why though

Mrsfs Mon 12-Feb-18 19:33:51

Pancakes with bacon for main...then pancakes with berries and chocolate sauce for dessert. We just do a massive pile of pancakes and everyone just stuffs there faces with whatever they want.

VienneseFingers Mon 12-Feb-18 19:33:58

Pudding smile

MongerTruffle Mon 12-Feb-18 19:34:32

Breakfast or goûter (around 16:00)

2pups Mon 12-Feb-18 19:34:48

Savoury pancakes (chicken at our house) and then sweet pancakes for dessert.

Also are you forgetting breakfast and lunch are also pancakes confused

It's pancake day!!!!

Gunpowder Mon 12-Feb-18 19:35:23

I do them for supper all the time with things like cream cheese and wilted spinach, or homemade tomato sauce and grated cheddar. Then for pudding we have lemon and sugar/maple syrup or Nutella & banana ones.

WithTwoGiantBoys Mon 12-Feb-18 19:35:42

We usually have savoury pancakes for main (last year was turkey, bacon and cabbage) then sweet for pudding.

TheHobbyKing Mon 12-Feb-18 19:36:10

Why not make a big batch then put out a variety of savoury and sweet toppings? I’ve done that with the DC before. Then they just made their own.

Eminybob Mon 12-Feb-18 19:36:12

A couple of years ago we did a full American breakfast (pancakes, bacon, sausage, egg, maple syrup) as our main meal on pancake day. It was bloody lovely. Won’t be doing it again this year though, stupid diet angry

PlanNumber Mon 12-Feb-18 19:36:12

My mum is very much of the pancakes are for pudding persuasion, but I'm not cooking dinner and pancakes on a school night, so pancakes for dinner here.

Plus who has room for dinner followed by pancakes? Even the DC don't want them if they've had a meal first.

NoSquirrels Mon 12-Feb-18 19:36:37

Pancakes for tea! Anything else is try-hard nutritionally and Not In The Spirit. IMHO grin

(Scrambled egg etc & savoury stuff for breakfast just to redress the day’s balance, though!)

Katkin14 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:37:07

Both! Savpity with melted cheese, ham and crumbled walnuts for main then with a choice of different sweet things for pudding. 😋

UrsulaPandress Mon 12-Feb-18 19:37:20

Dds bf is coming round and this year I am just doing pancakes. Lots and lots of pancakes.

Lalliella Mon 12-Feb-18 19:37:24

Main meal. It’s pancake day!

Katkin14 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:37:25

*savoury

foxandmouse Mon 12-Feb-18 19:37:49

DH always has pancakes for his dinner on pancake day, and lots of them. I don't know how he doesn't make himself feel sick.

I don't. I have my normal dinner, then one, maybe two if I'm being really greedy pancakes as a dessert. I also give DS his normal dinner followed by a pancake for pud. He is not yet two though.

So it's a split in this house! Sorry not much help to you.

misskatamari Mon 12-Feb-18 19:38:24

Main and pudding here. Bacon and cheese etc for the main, then Nutella, fruit and squirt cream for pudding!

ItsNachoCheese Mon 12-Feb-18 19:38:25

We will have pancakes with butter and some with nutella for breakfast tomorrow

OutyMcOutface Mon 12-Feb-18 19:38:30

Pancakes are only acceptable for breakfast/brunch. Crepes are good for both dinner and pudding depoending ok the filling/topping.

demirose87 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:38:37

More of a pudding, but my kids have them for tea as they don't eat a lot, I make them with chocolate spread and some with syrup. The younger kids have Scotch pancakes.

pastabest Mon 12-Feb-18 19:38:39

We usually have them for the main meal, they are surprisingly filling.

I use delia's recipe.

I actually forgot it was Shrove Tuesday tomorrow though but by happy coincidence tomorrow we were already meal planned to have duck so it will now be chinese duck pancakes.

minipie Mon 12-Feb-18 19:39:38

I'm never organised enough to have loads of savoury toppings in so it's generally pancakes for pudding (the "main course" is something pretty small in recognition of this)

ChristmasAccountant Mon 12-Feb-18 19:39:46

Pancakes should only ever be sweet!

Idontdowindows Mon 12-Feb-18 19:39:55

Pancakes are always a main meal in our house.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: