Talk

Advanced search

AIBU -Toddlers in cafes

(9 Posts)
wibblywobblyfish Mon 12-Feb-18 18:52:23

Went to a family friendly cafe today. Food and coffee was lovely. The place was heaving with toddlers running wild and lots of families enjoying themselves.

What freaked me out was the amount of uncovered food on the cafe counter - croissants, cakes and brownies etc just laid out on a slate about an inch from the edge of the counter. The till was to the left of the food. The number of parents I saw plonking their children's bums on the counter while parent rummaged for cash was shocking. I saw one toddler lifting up the croissants with her shoe clad foot.

Surely the food should have been covered and no arses on the counter?

JollyGiraffe Mon 12-Feb-18 18:54:35

I HATE uncovered food on counters in cafes. Especially sandwiches sitting out all day. Yuck.

Even ones without toddlers touching/almost sitting on the food!

YANBU

Idontevencareanymore Mon 12-Feb-18 19:04:51

Yanbu.

Served food in reach should be covered imo

Wolfiefan Mon 12-Feb-18 19:06:14

Toddlers running wild in a cafe? I would have walked out!
Food should be covered.

Loveache Mon 12-Feb-18 19:06:44

Yanbu. That's revolting. It's also why I don't buy uncovered food at childhood. Watched a snotty toddler stick snotty fingers in a croissant at Aldi once. Vile.

Loveache Mon 12-Feb-18 19:07:07

Child height, not childhood!

Scabetty Mon 12-Feb-18 19:08:06

I wouldn’t have bought the food.

blackteasplease Mon 12-Feb-18 19:08:17

I agree with you OK but did like the expression "shoe clad foot". Can I raise you " shod foot?

wibblywobblyfish Mon 12-Feb-18 19:14:35

I had already bought and eaten most of my cinnamon bun by the time I saw the offence. My DS was playing with some trading cards so I was people watching!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now