Talk

Advanced search

My fucking mil!!!!

(336 Posts)
Offthebandwagonagain Mon 12-Feb-18 17:37:40

That is all.

Anyone else got one that totally pisses you off? Disrespects you, ignores your child’s routine etc. Arghhhhhh!!!! Could literally explode!!!!

Sprinklestar Mon 12-Feb-18 17:38:31

Yep, that’s why we live abroad!

biffyboom Mon 12-Feb-18 17:39:27

My dad.
That is all.

BehindThecamera Mon 12-Feb-18 17:42:19

Yep!

GiBlues Mon 12-Feb-18 18:09:33

🍷🍷🍷🍷
Have some wine, I feel your pain!

Welshlovebicuit Mon 12-Feb-18 18:14:40

Yup... which is why we went NC three years ago!

Offthebandwagonagain Mon 12-Feb-18 18:19:34

Good to hear I am not alone!!!

My dh is just as bad😢

Guess I’m going to have to go Nc with both!!

Failingat40 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:20:27

Oh yes!!! Mine has just ignored my dh's Birthday because he dared to be miffed she disrespected us yet again!!!!

She has never respected boundaries and is downright rude and bossy!

Hell mend them!

MiddleAgedMe Mon 12-Feb-18 20:35:37

Oh mine! I mean is it creepy for a mother to call her adult son "oh my darling boy" in a very high pitched longing kind of tone every, single, time she sees him. Or sign off text messages "Love you always darling boy, heart emoji, kissy face, xxx" I'm honestly starting to feel like the other woman!

Snowydaysarehere Mon 12-Feb-18 20:36:55

Been nc for over 3 years.
Def recommend it for a super stress - free life!!

schmoozypoo Mon 12-Feb-18 21:01:51

Wish mine would give a monkeys about their grandkids but every cloud and all that

HildaZelda Mon 12-Feb-18 22:07:08

I'm with you OP, and my fucking MIL lives five minutes up the road!!! angry angry angry

mollifly Mon 12-Feb-18 22:08:20

I'm with you. Minke wouldn't let me put the microwave on for three minutes earlier to heat something up...

Helendee Mon 12-Feb-18 23:42:37

There seem to be an awful lot of men who are willing to go NC with their own mothers. I get it if something really bad has happened but it's scary how widespread it seems to be.

salakadolamoo Tue 13-Feb-18 01:37:34

Mine just leaves me lost for words most of the time. Not sure how anyone can be that insensitive or cruel!

I really don't get it. These women are married. I'm pretty sure their DHs had mothers... is this all just some weird revenge on the next generation thing?!?

Countingsheeeep Tue 13-Feb-18 01:57:30

Yep! Had me waiting on her hand and foot this weekend whilst 7.5 Months pregnant with SPD. Told me my 1 year old saying mama means Nana. Hasn't bought her darling boy even a box of chocolates for his 30th but expects the red carpet treatment for all her birthdays...there's so much more 😠

MrsDilber Tue 13-Feb-18 02:02:44

If it's MIL bashing you're after, there's no better place than MN.

Bedsox Tue 13-Feb-18 02:28:26

I sense that your child isnt very old i may be wrong and if so i apologise. How was your relationship before you had dc?

mogulfield Tue 13-Feb-18 02:34:47

My DH has the MIL from hell (abusive alcoholic who’s never bothered to meet my 3 year old son). We’re NC now because, well she just refuses to talk to me or my siblings, so I have no choice!
I feel quite sorry for him because before meeting me he said he looked forward to being part of a lovely extended family.
My MIL on the other hand is bloody marvellous. Just to redress the balance a bit! I don’t know what we’d do without her.

punkpuffin Tue 13-Feb-18 02:37:12

It was dh birthday yesterday, no card, no present, no happy birthday phone call. But she did ring on Sunday to say a band she likes is touring so she will have tickets to that for her birthday.
Not fucking likely!
Also told us she wasn't buying anyone Christmas presents (including young dc) but has bitched and moaned ever since because we didn't get her a Christmas present. That id just the tip of a very massive iceberg!!

thecatsarecrazy Tue 13-Feb-18 04:11:37

Mines not as bad as she used to be but has gone back to talking over me and ignoring what i say when im talking to her.

PippyPop123 Tue 13-Feb-18 04:14:20

Mine is a whack job. I think she's slowly losing it but it could also be the wine!

flumpybear Tue 13-Feb-18 04:41:43

Mine never compliments, only ever gets nasty and spiteful over anything and everything, makes everyone's like a fucking misery and gets the hump of we don't visit or see them at Christmas even though she ruins everyone's holiday time with her - the family all hate it but they won't tell her to behave herself ... I've tried and she's lashed out at me

A few years ago i lost the plot when I was cooking at her home and she was literally grumping in my ear shot saying it was causing too much steam and was going to ruin her house .... ffs!!

readysteadyteddy Tue 13-Feb-18 04:47:21

My MIL is a liar and I've had enough now. I am calling her out every. single. time. from now on.

PenelopeFlintstone Tue 13-Feb-18 04:55:46

There seem to be an awful lot of men who are willing to go NC with their own mothers. I get it if something really bad has happened but it's scary how widespread it seems to be.
I agree. Wait till they have sons and daughters-in-law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now