Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go out?

(4 Posts)
teaaddictt Mon 12-Feb-18 15:01:19

I'm very overweight, over 20 stone. I don't like going out tbh, I feel like people will judge and look at me, maybe it's just in my head I don't know. Has anyone felt like this? And how did you overcome it? I once went down to 15 stone and felt ok, still big but I was out and about. Even at 17 stone, but now that I'm over 20 stone, I find it so difficult 😞.

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment for the 705th time.

JontyDoggle37 Mon 12-Feb-18 15:12:54

In the nicest possible way, no-one is looking at you, they all have their own shit going on. Get out and go for a walk - it will help you lose the weight you want to lose and make you feel better about yourself. Don’t deny yourself the outdoors. Best of luck, OP

WhyIsThereHariboInMyWine Mon 12-Feb-18 15:22:21

Of course you're not being unreasonable, it's awful feeling like you're being judged and it sounds like the main person judging you is yourself. You have 2 options here - lose weight or learn to love yourself for who you are.

Well done for trying and I hope it goes well. Look around for a class doing something a little bit fun. It's horrid at first (I was a nervous wreck) but if you find like-minded, supportive people it can be incredible.

In terms of learning to love yourself, there are some wonderful photographers out there that I've seen post gorgeous pics of their plus size clients (particularly the boudoir ones). It's something I've considered as all of the testimonials are women that say they didn't realise they were that beautiful.

If you really can't face going out - give yourself a good pamper session. Get dressed up, made up, do your hair as if you were going out then look at yourself in the mirror as your most beautiful self - you may be pleasantly surprised. This is something I've done, trust me - getting dressed up without the pressure of other people can be a fabulous confidence booster

MammieBear Mon 12-Feb-18 15:24:53

I agree with the other two posters, you alone are your hardest critic, get out even if you just go round the block and build it up you'll feel better for it in the long run. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now