Talk

Advanced search

To be so glad in my late teens/early twenties and looking for a man right now

(8 Posts)
Countingsheeeep Mon 12-Feb-18 14:15:26

Ok, so I'm definitely unreasonable for watching trashy tv, it's a guilty pleasure for sure...but what an Earth has happened to men boys these days?!

They are so vain, self absorbed, image obsessed, plucked eyebrows...what happened to proper men?! I don't ever remember coming across so many like this when I was in my 20's, and I'm only early 30's!

I know it's a biased sample of men as they are on trashy reality shows...but still, they seem to be awfully common these days!

FittonTower Mon 12-Feb-18 14:16:37

I don't think men or women on reality tv are a good representation of what the general population is like.

Lucymek Mon 12-Feb-18 14:17:42

Waiting for the 10/10 flawless photo of you to load still before I comment on your appearance.

Oh wait ........

Blankuser1992 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:18:07

“Proper men” you mean the men who never talked about emotions, lacked self care and either committed suicide or drank themselves to death?

It’s just not all men have to be these big lumbering oafs who fend for the family, what’s wrong with a little sparkle for the boys?

Try and come out of the dark ages because a glimpse at reality tv doesn’t show all men.

Just like loose women doesn’t show all women over 40

PsychoPumpkin Mon 12-Feb-18 14:30:35

OP, I agree with you. I wouldn’t want a fake tan wearing man, teeth so white and shiny you want to shield your eyes...

To be fair, I do t rate that particular look on women either!

Countingsheeeep Mon 12-Feb-18 14:34:37

@psychopumpkin me either!

Countingsheeeep Mon 12-Feb-18 14:38:10

@lucymek...I think you have missed the point, in no way am I saying I am a 10/10...quite the opposite in fact, I could never live up to their high maintenance standard of grooming.

MuseumOfCurry Mon 12-Feb-18 14:40:49

Agreed.

I sense that things have taken a bit of a nosedive, not necessarily in how men look (although I'm glad to have avoided the rise of the MetroSexual) but certainly in how the kids these days go about dating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now