Talk

Advanced search

Relative taunted my son

(65 Posts)
gottherage Mon 12-Feb-18 14:13:53

I know I am not BU to be annoyed. A relative, who has grown up children of her own so should know better, taunted my son.

She stole his snacks. When he asked her not to, she distracted him and then stole some more. We don't take people's food in this house. I gave relative a packet of alphabet biscuits of her own but no, she wanted to steal my toddlers until he cried. I told her she was bring mean and to stop it. She made a "pffft" noise but did stop it.

I gave my son a letters game and nipped to the loo. When I went back in the living room, relative had taken game off him and was doing it herself and son had her coffee mug (partially full) in his hands. He tipped it, luckily away from himself, just as I walked in. Relative shouted at him and made him cry.

Told relative that son needed a nap, so they had to go. They did but on the way out grabbed son's softie toy and said she was going to take it with her. Stood there taunting him with it. He cried. I tried to grab it and she snatched it away. I had to manhandle her to get it back and then shut the door on her.

Who the fuck does that to a child?

Blankuser1992 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:15:10

I would expect and apology

Don’t let her near your child

inmyshoos Mon 12-Feb-18 14:15:56

Who the hell is this relative? They don't sound right in the head?
I'd not be having them over again any time soon.

Bambamber Mon 12-Feb-18 14:16:59

How old is the relative? Sounds like something a young, immature, jealous child would do. But as she was drinking coffee I'm assuming she's old enough to know better and was just being horrible. I wouldn't be having her over again anytime soon

OhForFrigSake Mon 12-Feb-18 14:16:59

She sounds a bit unusual. Is she feeling ok mentally? I can't imagine stealing snacks from a child that were not freely given or threatening to steal their toys.

bluecashmere Mon 12-Feb-18 14:17:27

Someone who only knows how to relate to children through her experience as a child. Was she a nasty older sister to someone? She was probably the same to her DC and thought it was funny then. Or she doesn't like you and it was a PA to get at you.

Snowysky20009 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:17:27

She wouldn't be going near my child again. However after the first instance, you should have said 'you either stop that or leave my home'.

flipperflop Mon 12-Feb-18 14:18:19

Who is this person?? No one in their right mind would do that to a child?

Shedmicehugh Mon 12-Feb-18 14:18:32

Don’t let her in your house again. Tell her why if she asks.

I’m not sure why some adults think it funny to tease children until they cry.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Mon 12-Feb-18 14:19:13

Please don't say this is your MIL?!

gottherage Mon 12-Feb-18 14:19:58

We call her "auntie" but she is actually my mother's cousin, not sister.

Not old and fuddled though, late 50s.

She's always been a teaser (she'll tell children there is an elephant in the fridge and stuff like that, regardless of whether they really believe her and then get upset) but I hadn't realised how mean she was until I had my own son.

lalalalyra Mon 12-Feb-18 14:20:35

That's utterly bizarre behaviour. What was she like with her kids? She wouldn't be around mine again tbh, that's just ridiculous to keep at him.

BeHappyMummy Mon 12-Feb-18 14:21:26

What an arsehole! Picking on a small child.

Keep him away from her or confront her for her disgusting behaviour. Goodness knows what she could do next time she visits.

ivenoideawhatimdoing Mon 12-Feb-18 14:21:53

What an odd person. Steer clear OP and make sure to tell your mum. No more home visits for psycho auntie!

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 12-Feb-18 14:23:11

I wouldn’t be letting her anywhere near him again. You wouldn’t be impressed at W other child his age behaving so badly towards him and she’s a grown woman who should bloody well know better.

She sounds unhinged.

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 12-Feb-18 14:23:59

Wow that’s way past ‘teasing’ and just right into bullying, what a cow/

blackteasplease Mon 12-Feb-18 14:25:22

I agree. don't let her near him again.

SweetMoon Mon 12-Feb-18 14:27:03

Different if it was in a fun way and your child was laughing, but clearly he wasn't finding this fun! What a weirdo! I wouldn't be inviting her back in a hurry.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 12-Feb-18 14:28:00

Is she right in the head. hmm

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Mon 12-Feb-18 14:29:10

Jesus, tell her you've moved. To Australia, with no forwarding address...

gottherage Mon 12-Feb-18 14:29:17

YES bluecashmere she was an older sister and I bet a nasty one as her sister doesn't have much to do with her.

I've heard her going "wahhh waaah" sarcastically to a child before (cousin's dd) when she was crying about something and was gobsmacked (child's mother handled it).

Thistlebelle Mon 12-Feb-18 14:31:12

She wouldn’t be getting back in my house again.

Chugalug Mon 12-Feb-18 14:31:51

My eldest son is exactly like this -18- with my youngest son 8...the eldest has autism...but actually as some one up thread said it is bullying..this thread has made me realise I need to crack down on it...definitely don't have her over again op x

YourVagesty Mon 12-Feb-18 14:32:13

Arsehole.

I'd just have it out with her OP - next time she starts with that behaviour, tear a strip off her. People with that sense of humour have a horrible cruel streak and deserve to squirm for their behaviour.

ReanimatedSGB Mon 12-Feb-18 14:32:15

I definitely wouldn't let that person back in my house, or near my DC unsupervised. Her behaviour is so far from 'normal' that TBH I would suggest some sort of personality disorder though, if she's in her 50s and has always been nasty but this is a new low, possible early Alzheimers?

Either way, don't subjet your poor DC to the spiteful cunt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now