Talk

Advanced search

To ask for medical advice.....again....

(7 Posts)
DarkRosaleen Mon 12-Feb-18 11:47:40

My DB has had emergency surgery for a perforated appendix 5 days ago.
The day after he felt so much better and brighter but seems to have gone down a bit since then. He has been sick through last night and still has diarrhea ( green watery stuff.. tmi... sorry)
He has just had bloods taken in a lavender, yellow and blue container.
He was originally told he would be discharged on Monday ( today) but he seems so unwell.
Does it sound like he is still riddled with infection? And if so how soon should we see him picking up.
We’re all so worried about him. It’s his 60 th birthday soon and we just wish he could get better to celebrate it.

Peachyking000 Mon 12-Feb-18 12:02:00

It’s impossible to say without knowing his observations (blood pressure, pulse, temperature etc) and blood test results. But I do hope he’s well soon flowers

DarkRosaleen Mon 12-Feb-18 12:05:18

You know what, I am just being stupid.
I just want someone to tell me he'll be ok, I know he can't be diagnosed on the internet.

Peachyking000 Mon 12-Feb-18 12:08:59

No you are not being stupid, I’m sure you feel helpless though, which is understandable. He is in the right place and I’m sure he will be fine flowers

DarkRosaleen Mon 12-Feb-18 12:12:33

Thanks Peachy.

JollyGiraffe Mon 12-Feb-18 12:15:10

If he's still poorly, I'm sure they'll keep him in if they are worried.

Hope he recovers soon! flowers

niccyb Mon 12-Feb-18 19:40:16

Yanbu. Explain to the team looking after him that you are worried and would like someone to let you know how things are. Hope he gets well soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now