Talk

Advanced search

BuzzFeed's article on male bulges...

(18 Posts)
cista Mon 12-Feb-18 08:14:42

So, Buzzfeed have published an article showing off all the best bulges from this year's Winter Olympics (I don't really want to link, but will try get a screenshot).

Aibu to think that this kind of "journalism" is disgusting? Let's face it, BF wouldn't do a "cameltoe" article, so why do this? Nobody should be objectified, regardless of how privileged they are.

Yawnyprawn Mon 12-Feb-18 08:38:38

Agreed. No better than page 3.

toolonglurking Mon 12-Feb-18 08:43:27

If you don't like it tell them, or just don't read it. It's not like Buzzfeed is the pinnacle of journalism, it's clickbait.

BeHappyMummy Mon 12-Feb-18 08:52:22

Complete and utter trash.

Who wants to look at or "read" such rubbish?

LittleLights Mon 12-Feb-18 08:53:30

Buzzfeed would do a camel toe story.

Thisusernamethingistricky Mon 12-Feb-18 08:56:52

It's probably in the name of 'equality' and 'empowerment' or something but what would be better would be to let sports people of both sexes, who train their entire lives for these events, get on with their performance without focusing on what they look like.

Fromage Mon 12-Feb-18 09:10:11

I think the way ahead is to stop objectifying women, not justify that objectification by weakly showing that they're doing the same to men as well.

specialsubject Mon 12-Feb-18 09:12:13

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Buzzfeed is written by and for fools. Don't bother.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Mon 12-Feb-18 09:14:09

Buzzfeed are well known for doing this bullshit. Just Google Buzzfeed and double standards and a load of their articles come up! I've attached two.

DeleteOrDecay Mon 12-Feb-18 10:17:10

YANBU it's so unnecessary. Who above the age of about 21 cares about bulges and camel toes? I mean reallyconfused

AngelsSins Mon 12-Feb-18 11:00:36

It's gross, but let's not pretend that this doesn't happen to women constantly!

Rebeccaslicker Mon 12-Feb-18 11:18:05

This is how I assume buzzfeed write most of their article:

www.reddit.com
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

Done!

cista Mon 12-Feb-18 13:12:36

Urgh! It's just so crude though! Maybe just cause I'm not used to it.

DeleteOrDecay Mon 12-Feb-18 13:19:45

It is crude. If I were one of those sportsmen I'd be fuming that after spending a lifetime to get to the top of my event, I am being reduced to nothing but a bulge.

It's really no wonder so many people have self esteem and body issues. We are told from every which way that appearance is paramount and if your appearance isn't perfect then tot WILL get pulled up on it in a very public way.

DeleteOrDecay Mon 12-Feb-18 13:20:12

*you not tot

cista Mon 12-Feb-18 13:52:48

Screenshot

Rebeccaslicker Mon 12-Feb-18 13:57:33

Years ago, when I was about 15 and the olympics were on, I remember seeing "the sun" at my uncle's house, and the front page being about what linford Christie was packing in his lunchbox hmm

Nice to see things have moved on in the last 20 years, eh? LC must be particularly thrilled, since it was the subject of a court case at one point.

YourVagesty Mon 12-Feb-18 14:15:55

I imagine that Buzzfeed is written by a playpen of woke twenty somethings, sitting in their animal onesies and eating cereal.

I used to find it entertaining but one day decided I couldn't stand their sledgehammer identity politics mixed with unicorns and rainbows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now