Talk

Advanced search

To think if I click on this something dodgy will come up?

(10 Posts)
blueskyinmarch Mon 12-Feb-18 07:26:24

I have some furniture for sale on Gumtree. Someone messaged me yesterday and asked what my best price was and I replied politely to say that the price I was asking was my best price and asked if they wanted to buy the furniture. In the early hours of this morning I got another email from them. I have attached a screenshot. I haven't clicked on the link to the picture. What do you think they might have sent me? I have never seen a message like this before.

ThePants999 Mon 12-Feb-18 07:27:57

Hover over it and see what appears in the status bar at the bottom. Then tell us

ThePants999 Mon 12-Feb-18 07:29:10

If you're on a phone, you should be able to long-press on it and get an option along the lines of "copy link address".

caroline161 Mon 12-Feb-18 07:29:14

I think you probably shouldn't have posted someone's number. But agree it's probably dodgy.

blueskyinmarch Mon 12-Feb-18 07:31:21

I didn't realise that might be a phone number. I thought is was a serial number of some sort. Oops.

blueskyinmarch Mon 12-Feb-18 07:32:54

I pressed on it and it is a phone number. How weird. There is no link to a photo. Will ask MN to delete or amend the post.

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Mon 12-Feb-18 07:37:21

Why would a potential buyer need to send you a photo?

Maybe it's a nude of themselves or certain body parts (you do get weirdos like that who are send photos like that to strangers in a non sexual situation, they must get a thrill from ithmm)

blueskyinmarch Mon 12-Feb-18 07:39:42

Elderflower. That was exactly my thought. I didn't really want to click on something and see a dick pic!

jessei Mon 12-Feb-18 07:43:03

Yes that's their phone number! Why on earth would they send you a pic ?

blueskyinmarch Mon 12-Feb-18 09:52:23

I have had the screenshot removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now