Talk

Advanced search

Basketball vs me

(8 Posts)
Lolbubbles245 Sun 11-Feb-18 22:10:46

I was away with work this weekend, arrived home late afternoon today. DP and I were planning on going out for dinner and spending the evening together as we haven't since Thursday and Monday night he is away playing basketball. I started to feel really nauseous just as we were about to leave so we changed our mind, DP went to pick up a Chinese and came home. He then decided that because we weren't going or, it was ok for him to put on his basketball game and watch it rather than spend time together. I told him that this has really upset me because I was looking forward to spending time together and he just said 'it's an important game, I need to watch it' and didn't listen to what I was saying. AIBU to feel like he's prioritising his sport over me? Am I being over sensitive?

Lolbubbles245 Sun 11-Feb-18 22:17:24

Name changed as this is fairly outing...

FreudianSlurp Sun 11-Feb-18 22:19:01

Chinese food and basketball is outing?

Lolbubbles245 Sun 11-Feb-18 22:20:48

DP is known to be a basketball player and it was known I was away this weekend. But that isn't even the point of my post.

Lolbubbles245 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:08:26

Ok I clearly was being unreasonable grin

Duchessgummybuns Mon 12-Feb-18 11:11:50

A bit passive aggressive OP but for what it’s worth I don’t think you were BU... couldn’t he have recorded the game and you both choose something to watch?

PlateOfBiscuits Mon 12-Feb-18 11:12:21

As you were feeling poorly what would you have wanted to do? How did you imagine the evening going?

hermesconrad Mon 12-Feb-18 12:09:30

If you weren't well then I don't think he was being unreasonable to want to watch his game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now