Talk

Advanced search

To think that inducing lactation in a man with illegal drugs is not the best way to feed a newborn?

(146 Posts)
DrudgeJedd Sun 11-Feb-18 21:08:22

https://www.romper.com/p/a-transgender-woman-has-exclusively-breastfed-her-baby-its-a-dream-come-true-8146751/amp?__twitter_impression=true
This is child abuse not a scientific breakthrough. For 6 weeks that baby was fed a mix of artificial hormones and banned medication to validate the gender identity of a man.

DrudgeJedd Sun 11-Feb-18 21:09:59

Bollox try again with a clicky link www.romper.com/p/a-transgender-woman-has-exclusively-breastfed-her-baby-its-a-dream-come-true-8146751

TheCatsPaws Sun 11-Feb-18 21:12:53

Where was the need for that person to bf?

PinkHeart5914 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:15:32

I just don’t understand how someone that was not born a woman can provide a baby with nutritional milk confused surely it isn’t in the babies best interest?

DrudgeJedd Sun 11-Feb-18 21:17:06

Of course not, even if their female partner couldn't or wouldn't there was no need for what they did to that baby. It was purely for the benefit of the trans woman. I can't believe medical professionals facilitated this horrible experiment.

PollyBanana Sun 11-Feb-18 21:18:28

Additional concerns are that the doctors involved cite the protective effect of breastfeeding in reducing risk of breast cancer.
This is true for women (born as women) who do not require substantial hormonal intervention to produce lactation. Has there been any research on the incidence of breast cancer in trans women requiring significant hormonal intervention?

And yes, what hormones are entering the breast milk....?

DrudgeJedd Sun 11-Feb-18 21:19:31

Pinkheart they can't and it isn't. This is just inexcusable.

Thisisouting Sun 11-Feb-18 21:20:24

Where was the mother and why has her perfectly good natural breast milk not been used to exclusively feed her child rather than filling the poor child with drugs hmm

And why are medical professionals helping? The world has gone fucking crazy

I can't wait for the breast is best feeding debates angry

MrsToddsShortcut Sun 11-Feb-18 21:20:46

There is no mention of why the mother didn’t breastfeed or whether they can’t.

But there is no way that the milk produced by the father would be as nutritionally tailored to the baby’s needs as milk produced by the mother. And even if the mother was completely unable to feed, i’m pretty sure that a meds’ and hormone laced milk that is artificially induced is the best substitute.

It feels very fetish induced tbh.

Strongvegetables Sun 11-Feb-18 21:20:47

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3164304-Transwoman-BFs-baby-for-6-weeks

Already thread about it here

kitkatsky Sun 11-Feb-18 21:21:18

I think I agree with your post, although it’s emotive, but just from a devil’s advocate pov, what’s your opinion on women (usually lesbian partners) taking the hormones so that they can feed? Genetically female but hormone reliant when they’re not the woman who gave birth? Seem to remember that first transgender to give birth had their baby EBF by their genetically female partner with help of hormones. I don’t know how I feel about this btw, just interested in how you feel about it

MrsToddsShortcut Sun 11-Feb-18 21:21:37

Sorry, isn’t the best substitute.

Hedgehoghogger Sun 11-Feb-18 21:21:40

And all that effort / time / money going into enabling them to breastfeed when literally millions of women struggle and are told there is no help or you just can't 😐

Crocusqueen Sun 11-Feb-18 21:23:49

So when actual women have to audacity to drink a glass of wine while breastfeeding, they are absolutely ripped to pieces.

Not to mention all of the women who have had to balance their desire to breastfeed with necessary medications, antidepressants for example. Breastfeeding mothers have to take the mini pill because of concerns over the hormones involved, ffs.

Yet a man can pump himself full of God knows what, so he can "breastfeed" and it's an inspiration, brilliant, a fabulous example of the brave new world we live in.

I might as well have had that glass of wine after all!

Rebeccaslicker Sun 11-Feb-18 21:27:13

What the actual fucking fuck?

It's just about the vanity and ego of the trans parent rather than the health and wellbeing of the baby sad

Thisusernamethingistricky Sun 11-Feb-18 21:27:25

People like Paris Lees have been tweeting this, going on about how great it is.

It really lays bare how narcissistic and selfish a lot of the trans agenda is. Seemingly absolutely no thought for the baby in all this, I don't know about the mother.

picklemepopcorn Sun 11-Feb-18 21:29:06

Even when a woman who did not give birth to the child takes the hormones, I wouldn't be impressed. However, I think once lactation has been stimulated in a woman, it continues as long as the child feeds.

I think adopting women do this at times.

throwcushions Sun 11-Feb-18 21:30:05

To be fair, it sounds like the hormone therapy took place before the baby was born?

DrudgeJedd Sun 11-Feb-18 21:30:49

kitkatsy women irrespective of their sexuality do not have to do this
"At a follow-up visit a month later, the patient could produce milk droplets. Reisman and Goldstein doubled her dose of domperidone, raised her progesterone dose by four times (to 400 milligrams a day) increased her estradiol prescription sixfold (from 2 milligrams twice per day to 12 milligrams twice per day) and kept her on the breast pump."

00100001 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:04

Fucking he'll, now wellefhave ucking men telling us how to breastfeed and make women feel like more of a fucking failure, because a man rocks up and shows us wimmin how easy it is and how they're more fucking committed.

Joy of fucking joys

anothernetter Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:07

This is just appalling on so many levels. That poor poor baby - their needs clearly aren't being put first in this situation. What is wrong with people this is just so fucked up its unreal.

00100001 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:37:30

Now if men injected themselves with hormones in a an attempt to recreate periods, along with the cramp,the PMT, the hormone swings, the bloating,the poorly tummies, the wind, the nasty bowel movements,the gentry feeling of feeling like shit every months for around 40 years, and then put themselves on hormones to give them menopause symptoms.

The I'll be fucking impessed.

SleightOfMind Sun 11-Feb-18 21:37:55

Ok, I’m as worried as everyone else about intrusion into women only safe spaces.
Really though, the hormones men need to take to facilitate bf are not that extreme.

There is no risk to baby from this and, while it’s a bit of a headfuck, it’s really not a problem.

Please don’t sully the genuine argument for women’s safe spaces with knee jerk reaction against men feeding babies. There are (rare) documented incidences of this occurring naturally.

Also, I do think DH should have stepped up to the plate and taken the pills when we had lactose intolerant twins grin

Beetlejizz Sun 11-Feb-18 21:38:25

Yes. But then I worry about women taking domperidone to induce lactation too.

user1499786242 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:38:27

Stop the world, I want to get off

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: