Talk

Advanced search

To return this fish?

(7 Posts)
blueskypink Sun 11-Feb-18 20:09:34

I went to cook some sea bass this evening. It was vacuum packed and from M&S. When I took it out of the fridge I could see there was a hair in the pack. I know I could have picked it off, cooked the fish and no harm done.

But ... many years ago I bit into a slice of pizza and there was a thick black hair baked into it. Ever since then hair on food just makes me want to throw up. No way could I have eaten the fish. In fact I didn't really fancy anything to eat after seeing the hair.

Am I being ridiculous or would you take the fish back and complain?

Meandmy4 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:14:47

🤢🤢🤢and more 🤢 I FEEL your pain hair on food ! ... id be sending fish back to M&S via river of puke that fish & hair made me produce !!!

blueskypink Sun 11-Feb-18 20:41:24

Glad you don't think I'm overreacting! DH thought I should just remove the hair and cook the fish! Am still feeling queasy.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Sun 11-Feb-18 20:46:44

Noooooo YANBU-that is grim😷

Mugglenet Sun 11-Feb-18 21:04:09

Yes, just return. I'm an employee and they will give u a full refund whilst letting the supplier know there is an issue. Will be no problem

AnoiaUnstickMyDrawers Sun 11-Feb-18 21:12:52

You are perfectly reasonable to want a refund. M&S are particularly good at customer service for this type of thing.

Yahdayah Sun 11-Feb-18 21:19:17

You 100% have to take it back, I imagine it’s something they’d want to know as well.

I once had a pubic hair (it makes me gag even typing it) in the bottom of my chicken pitta at Nando’s; I was nearly sick at the table after spotting it. The manager didn’t understand why I was so unhappy and casually blamed the pitta supplier and walked off hmm I ended up with a £20 good will voucher and didn’t eat a Nando’s for a very long time. Urgh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now