Talk

Advanced search

Yotel Heathrow

(4 Posts)
goingatlast Sun 11-Feb-18 18:54:31

Asked on travel but not too many people over there at the minute. Does anyone know if we would have time to do the following:

will be flying in longhaul to Heathrow terminal 3 and were thinking of staying for a few hours in the Yotel in Terminal 4. We then fly out 6 hours later on an internal UK flight from Terminal 2.
Questions are:

How long and how easy is it to get from terminal 3 to terminal 4.

How long and how to get from terminal 4 to terminal 2 for the onward UK journey.

Are we likely to be waiting in line for hours to pass through passport control? In which case there wouldn't be any point trying to get to terminal 4 to go to the Yotel.

I know we will have to pass through customs but can we do this if our luggage has been checked on through to our final UK destination?

Would it still be a 2 hour check in time for the internal flight from Heathrow to other UK destination?

I've tried googling this but an just getting more confused!

Thanks for any help.

Unhomme Sun 11-Feb-18 19:18:40

It's a free transfer from t2 and t3 to t4 via the Heathrow express. Only takes 15 mins from arrivals to the terminal (and t2/3) share the same station.

Immigration/customs checks take up to about 45 mins but I don't think they take that long normally. It depends where you're coming from and if you need a visa stamping but not a lot of difference.

You do go through customs with hand luggage if your baggage is going through to final destination, and then again at the final destination airport with all your bags. It won't add any time unless you're stopped!

I normally go through security about an hour before a domestic flight from t2 (they board about 30 minutes before take off). You can check in online before then - or go to an airline desk at t2 before going to t4 -it will add 20 mins to the transfer.

I think you'd have time for 3-4 hours sleep/rest.

goingatlast Sun 11-Feb-18 19:31:25

Thanks unhomme. We are returning from holiday and have UK passports so no visa stamping required.

Also thinking that maybe one of the airport lounges would be a good idea but then you can only stay in them for a short time anyway.

Trying to sort all this out now as no doubt we'll all be a bit tired and arguey by the time we get to Heathrow so the more organised we are the better!

Unhomme Sun 11-Feb-18 19:57:22

Ah. If you're brits than take 30 mins off passport control so more time in yotel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now