Talk

Advanced search

To think Jamie's Italian failed due to being shit rather than brexit

(233 Posts)
Ll81 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:39:26

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5377965/Jamie-Olivers-Italian-restaurant-empire-racks-debts.html#article-5377965

Brexit is going to cause lots of problems for many years to come, but it's just a cheap shot blaming brexit. I've eaten in his Italian places twice and it was pretty shit food and bad value. Brexit or not I'm sure it wouldn't make much difference to his buisness this quickly.

AntArcticFox Sun 11-Feb-18 18:40:24

I never heard a good thing about them.

Helendee Sun 11-Feb-18 18:40:54

Yes absolutely.

MrTrebus Sun 11-Feb-18 18:42:16

The blandest food I've ever eaten. Genuinely. And I have the unfortunate experience of eating at several different ones in different areas over a number of years (can't say why as too outing) overpriced, oversold and disappointing food done badly. That's why it failed. Especially if you compare to the classics like pizza express who always do it right in every branch you could visit and always have good deals on and always pack their food with flavour.

emma6776 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:42:46

It’s just dreadful, tasteless, expensive, badly cooked shite. I’d rather pay half the amount and go to Pizza Express.

AntArcticFox Sun 11-Feb-18 18:42:51

I was just going to mention Pizza Express..

OriginalGeordie Sun 11-Feb-18 18:44:37

We tried to get a table at the one in Glasgow once. There were loads of free tables but they wanted to make us wait and jump through hoops. Walked out and went to Pizza Express instead as the DC’s couldn’t wait for Jaimie’s Italian to decide we were worthy!

camelfinger Sun 11-Feb-18 18:45:28

Mediocre at best.

Bunbunbunny Sun 11-Feb-18 18:46:10

So overpriced for what it was, rather use a voucher & go to prezzo

sweetkitty Sun 11-Feb-18 18:46:28

Totally agree went to the one in Glasgow, overpriced for pretty average food. Unimpressed.

DustandRubble Sun 11-Feb-18 18:46:58

Expensive, crappy food and the children’s menu was terrible & a rip off.

AdalindSchade Sun 11-Feb-18 18:47:47

Yep the food was really not great. I paid £6 for about 8 olives and a bit of tapenade for my starter too which was v disappointing.

opinionatedfreak Sun 11-Feb-18 18:47:49

I used to go fairly regularly to one of the London branches as itnsuit d my friends and their small children. They changed the kids menu and replaced penne bolognese with spaghetti bolognese and we never went back!

The mess created by the latter was much much greater and they couldn't swap the pasta shape over.

Sparklesocks Sun 11-Feb-18 18:48:03

Oh god yes, soooo expensive for what it is!

bertiesgal Sun 11-Feb-18 18:48:26

Tiny prawns. My mum warned me b

Boulshired Sun 11-Feb-18 18:48:33

If I want generic Italian food there is plenty of chains available or I will choose a local independent Italian. The one by me had far too many chain restaurants already nearby.

megletthesecond Sun 11-Feb-18 18:48:37

When I looked at the menu there seemed to be hardly any veggie options.

FunkyCatsFiestyStats Sun 11-Feb-18 18:48:54

Absolutely. Only went the once and we felt it was overpriced, bog standard 'chain restaurant' fodder. Compared to its competitors, it's incredibly expensive.

NewYearNiki Sun 11-Feb-18 18:49:32

Pizza Express is better

I went once. Expensive shite

bertiesgal Sun 11-Feb-18 18:50:05

but I didn't believe her. Tasteless, overpriced rubbish.

Have never been back (to be fair I haven't actually been anywhere for dinner in ages due to my many children but if I could I wouldn't go to Jamie's!)

readysteadyteddy Sun 11-Feb-18 18:50:20

Not impressed with the food at all. Garlic on everything. Never went back. Not surprised that they are closing.

wintertime2016 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:50:45

Overpriced shite in my opinion. The steak is the worst I have ever eaten in my life

bertiesgal Sun 11-Feb-18 18:51:24

Did he have anything to do with the menu and if so has he had his taste buds surgically removed?confused

ValleyClouds Sun 11-Feb-18 18:51:53

Only been the once, was quite shocked, menu unappetising, food so so and decor like a uni canteen vibe.

Bella Italia way superior

RubberJohnny Sun 11-Feb-18 18:51:59

Berthed is a chef and went foe a job ther in London when it recently started up. He was shocked at the lack of prep being done. No stock made, they used stock cubes, etc. Judt a high priced fast food place with nine of the ethics of the Essex boy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: