Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wonder whether you're team SJP or team Kim (lighthearted)?

(61 Posts)
Funkyslippers Sun 11-Feb-18 13:33:19

So it's always been rumoured that SJP and Kim Cattrall weren't exactly best buds when working on SATC. Kim kind of confirmed it in her interview with Piers Morgan recently and SJP was very hurt by her comments (apparently).

So Kim's brother passed away and SJP sent her condolences on social media to which Kim replies: www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43018307

I always thought Kim seemed very sweet and friendly in interviews so maybe SJP was a bit of a cow to her.

What's your take? (If you care at all that is!)

Klobuchar Sun 11-Feb-18 13:34:41

The only reason we haven’t been subjected to a Sex and the City III film is because of Kim, so therefore I am Team Catrall all the way!

Fabellini Sun 11-Feb-18 13:35:16

Team Kim all day every day.

Funkyslippers Sun 11-Feb-18 13:35:31

Klobuchar - ha ha, good one!

Aridane Sun 11-Feb-18 13:36:35

Neither...

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sun 11-Feb-18 13:38:09

I’m team ‘who cares?’
I don’t think either of them comes out of this looking like a reasonable rational human being.

RoseWhiteTips Sun 11-Feb-18 13:38:33

Neither.

EachandEveryone Sun 11-Feb-18 13:39:11

I’ll have to sit on the fence as I really like them both. I’d say SJP is more money minded though. I watched her having brunch with Jerry Seinfeld the other day on Netflix and he was visably mortified by how little she was going to leave for a tip

EachandEveryone Sun 11-Feb-18 13:39:49

She’s worth 100’s of millions

gamerwidow Sun 11-Feb-18 13:40:24

Team Kim if someone you are feuding with has a personal tragedy you contact them privately to send condolences. You don’t make it all about you and stick on the internet so everyone thinks ‘look at SJP being great’.

witchofzog Sun 11-Feb-18 13:40:39

I don't know enough about either actress to judge. I would have liked another satc film though. They are just fabulously shit.

I reckon there is a strong possibility sjp has been not nice along the way though. This level of response comes from hurt and anger (and grief of course). She responded with thanks and warm wishes to Cynthia Nixon who posted a similar message so it's not a disliking satc thing

ButchyRestingFace Sun 11-Feb-18 13:41:58

It isn't "light hearted", it's actually rather sad.

I have no idea what happened between them, but Kim's reaction is OTT and irrational, obviously her grief speaking, poor woman.

Haven't seen anything to suggest that SJP has responded to KC's diatribe, I hope she doesn't. It's one of those situations where it's best just to let it lie.

Sparklingbrook Sun 11-Feb-18 13:42:02

I know which one I would rather go for a drink in the pub with. Plus they have just been bereaved.

NotCornflakes Sun 11-Feb-18 13:43:28

Team Kim here.

ChelleDawg2020 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:25:51

Neither. Both are abhorrent individuals.

Sparklingbrook Sun 11-Feb-18 14:26:19

Bit harsh. Do you know them both well?

Redglitter Sun 11-Feb-18 14:30:34

Can't stand either of them but I think KC has come out of this looking very badly.

LaurieMarlow Sun 11-Feb-18 14:31:47

Team Kim, but ironically I wouldn't have minded another SITC film so shoot me

SJP is harder to warm to.

Piffle11 Sun 11-Feb-18 15:53:47

Maybe they're both nice enough, but just don't get along ... I always thought it stemmed from SATC being a vehicle for SJP, but then KC got all the plaudits. Must have been hard for SJP, who always seems desperate to be liked, to appear likeable: KC doesn't seem to give a shit if you like her or not. To be fair to KC, in that last film, well, her part was awful and verged on racist. SJP has always been great friends with the writer, Michael Patrick King, and I always wondered if they deliberately gave her a dodgy storyline! No wonder KC didn't want to do any more.

dingdongdigeridoo Sun 11-Feb-18 16:02:12

Sex and the City 2 was so bad it retroactively ruined the rest of the show for me. It was toe curling bad. I respect KC for walking away from a big wad of cash to do another movie.

SJP comes across as quite mean in interviews. Not sure what it is about her.

Thistlebelle Sun 11-Feb-18 16:09:37

I think salacious gossip about the behaviour of a woman who is grieving is distasteful personally.

I think sending condolences on social media is also inappropriate. Condolences should be private.

Teapotmadam Sun 11-Feb-18 16:10:37

I like kc she comes across as quite genuine, sjp not so much, I always thought of her ad hard nosed and not very nice.
Also like that kc walked away from a lot of cash and career boost not to do another terrible satc film.

AmysTiara Sun 11-Feb-18 16:11:50

Team Kim

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sun 11-Feb-18 16:12:07

It was toe-curlingly bad, and I was a big fan of the tv show at the time though it hasn’t aged well. I think SATC is done and finished and there really is no call for a 3rd movie.

ForalltheSaints Sun 11-Feb-18 16:15:17

Team Kim if I had to make a choice. I would not wish anyone to have had the loss that she has had.

Have to agree that SATC should not have a third film.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now