Talk

Advanced search

AIBU .. a kiss on the cheek? (to not be sure whether to see them)

(3 Posts)
blankpieceofpaper Sun 11-Feb-18 10:36:21

Hello,

I met up with someone yesterday after meeting via online dating.

Are these enough reasons to not take it any further:

- I made it clear I am very reserved about physical contact etc the first time I meet someone. As we said goodbye we hugged and he kissed me on the cheek. He said he was nervous and he knew I was reserved etc and we sort of left it at that. Early on when we were talking over the phone he would say things like "that makes me want to hug and kiss you" I get the wanting intimacy - but is that creepy / enthusiastic?
- he does seem to get wound up by other people/ take things personally
- he lives a considerably way away from me (think like London to York)

- but we do have a lot in common, and I am in my early thirties and overweight and not feeling all that attractive? Should I give it another go? We were due to meet up later today.

BlondeB83 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:41:48

If the hug was mutual then you’re giving mixed signals re the physical contact. He sounds like a nice enough bloke from you’ve said but honestly, it shouldn’t be this hard this early so I would call it a day if I were you.

mollifly Sun 11-Feb-18 10:45:05

I'm if you're unsure give it another chance and then you should know for definite

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now