Talk

Advanced search

To tell them not to come?

(9 Posts)
lizzlebizzle33 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:40:07

Dp's parents do a lot for us and are great with our two boys.
They have both just been very ill with flu/some horrible virus.

They say they are feeling better but not 100% but want to xo e and visit us today..... AIBU to say no? Ds1 is 2 and just got over a cold and DS2 is 3 months old and I don't need them being ill.

DartmoorDoughnut Sun 11-Feb-18 09:40:50

Yanbu. Can your DH go to them?

lizzlebizzle33 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:45:05

They want to come and see the kids as they haven't seen them for 2 weeks

PiggyGoesToMarket Sun 11-Feb-18 09:51:15

I’d tell them to wait, whats a few more days? If it was us my DH would think I was being over cautious though.

RingFence Sun 11-Feb-18 10:08:10

YANBU. I would lie and say you're coming down with something too and not to visit until you're better!

lizzlebizzle33 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:16:07

@RingFence I like your style, why had I not thought of lying? 😂

RedialCallHold Sun 11-Feb-18 10:16:11

Ffs, what's wrong with people!? Selfish buggers. Tell them no, say you'll go to theirs for lunch next weekend or something (unless you think they won't listen and as a pp suggested you'll just have to say the kids are projectile vomiting)

Gincision Sun 11-Feb-18 10:35:35

Don't lie ffs, that leaves the door open to them helpfully offering to come and look after you all while you're ill!

Just tell them you'd rather leave it till next week. If you want to lie rather than tell them the truth, tell them you have other plans.

lizzlebizzle33 Sun 11-Feb-18 11:03:51

@Gincision you were right, told them I'm sorry but I would rather they didn't come until they were 100%, they agreed with me 👍🏻
Now I don't feel bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now