Talk

Advanced search

ALL 4 - your app is IMPOSSIBLE !!!

(11 Posts)
bbcessex Sun 11-Feb-18 09:07:16

😑😱😑😱😑

Trying to watch fabulously rubbish re-runs in bed on a Sunday. The All 4 app is sooooooooooo frustrating. 3 mins of ads before start - 1 min periodically - 3 mins again.

The same stuff, over & over & over, unable to skip through.

I get that they need to drive revenue but surely this puts off most people from using it so defeats the objective?

AIBU to expect to be able to slob out without this kind of stress?!!!!

Eggzandbacon Sun 11-Feb-18 09:11:37

I find if it crashes or you take a break you have to watch alllll the adverts again

Independentstateofeyebrows Sun 11-Feb-18 09:21:12

Try using Sky Go - expensive, crashes all the time, full of adverts and you have to pay extra to watch box sets available for free on other apps. ALL4 will seem awesome after that!

bbcessex Sun 11-Feb-18 09:26:02

Oh dear.. I don't use Sky Go and I'm glad now!

Netflix & Amazon Prime shows are the way forward for me it seems.. I don't mind paying a subscription for an actually usable service..

All 4 - offer an optional subscription to ditch the immovable ads

PeerieBreeks Sun 11-Feb-18 09:28:10

I'm happy to put up with the ads, as I only use catch up so don't pay for a licence, some of which goes to channel 4. I use ad time to browse mumsnet and go on Facebook on my phone. (I use all4 on my TV)

And before anyone says it, I don't use iplayer.

Gwenhwyfar Sun 11-Feb-18 09:29:56

I think you can get ad blocker software.

bbcessex Sun 11-Feb-18 09:35:51

peerie - on the app, the ads PAUSE when you open anything else, so you actually , physically, have to sit through them 😑😱😑😱

gwen - ad blocker software sounds great - any tips?

PeerieBreeks Sun 11-Feb-18 10:18:02

bbcessex - that's why I said I use all4 on my TV. You need to have two devices so you can waste time on mumsnet do other things while the ads are on

londonrach Sun 11-Feb-18 10:36:09

Yanbu. It doesnt work as it crashes after showing the ads so i dont bother watching. Bbc iplayer is alot better

KerplunkChampion Sun 11-Feb-18 10:42:47

Yanbu it's impossible. I watch ads in order to try a new programme. Decide I don't like it. Watch more ads to watch another. Don't like that either but can't be arsed with more ads so give up. I think it's better than it was. But do the ad breaks get longer the more you watch? It seems like it.

bbcessex Sun 11-Feb-18 13:42:52

kerplunk - my experience exactly 😑😑😑

peerie - ahh, I see - that makes sense. I've also tried to watch it on the train - I'm captive!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: