Talk

Advanced search

Workman going to the loo with the door open

(16 Posts)
MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 22:18:46

Feel about odd about this. I live in a flat - so bathroom is off of main hallway. I have a guy in doing some work (it’s on behalf of landlord not someone I have contracted). Anyways - guy seems pleasant enough - a bit eccentric maybe. However he has been to the loo twice that I’m aware of with the door open - not wide - just ajar, however quite obvious that from where I’m hiding away in the lounge that I could possibly see him. I spoke to dh about it and he thinks it’s incredibly odd - and the more I think aboutf it - the more I agree. Loo door is easy to shut (doesn’t swing open if you don’t lock for example) and who the hell doesnt shut the door when at anyone’s house- let alone somewhere you are working. So aibu to think this is weird

RedialCallHold Sat 10-Feb-18 22:25:24

Nope that's weird as fuck! Really who wouldn't shut the door unless they want to be seen? Is he coming back again? If so make sure your husband's home or you can get a friend round, it could be harmless and he's just completely oblivious but it doesn't seem all that likely envy - not envy.

ThisLittleKitty Sat 10-Feb-18 22:28:49

I've noticed a few men do this I just wonder why?!

inkandstone Sat 10-Feb-18 22:31:10

If he can't be bothered to shut the door, he probably can't be bothered to wash his hands either.

traviata Sat 10-Feb-18 22:31:48

I'd just have a brisk word with him. "please shut the door properly when you're using the loo".
Think 'primary school teacher speaking firmly to little boy'.

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 22:35:56

It just seems such an odd thing to do - wish I’d bame changed as I’d post a pic of how near my lounge is (had a glass door). So should I face the door (I don’t I work with my back to it) I would have a direct view - this isn’t like the loo is say though the hallway or something

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 22:36:28

Bloody autocorrect!

BBTHREE76 Sat 10-Feb-18 22:51:42

Wow - the timing of this post is weird as I was going to post the same thing. I had a workman in yesterday who asked to go to the loo, then went with the door wide open and didn’t wash his hands either 🤢. I am not normally a germaphobe but I anti bac’d everything he had touched once he had gone.

FlopsyMcDoodle Sat 10-Feb-18 22:53:09

My dm refuses to fully shut doors if it’s a small room as she is very claustrophobic, could it possibly be something like that?

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 22:56:39

@Bb it’s just odd isn’t it! Dh is convinced he’s a pervert (via a ridiculous straw pole from the guys in his office). I first thought maybe he had something like paint on his hands and didn’t want to touch the door, but wasn’t the case.

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 22:58:19

@flopise - possibly... We do have a window and tiles are white so it’s not got an enclosed feeling - but obviously different people have different feelings of claustrophobia (I have issues with plane toilets so do get this!)

Woobeedoo Sat 10-Feb-18 23:00:39

I worked in a property that had 4 builders working in the next room to me. Just off their room was a small toilet. Several times a day each of those men would pee with the door open - in earshot of me and in sight and sound of their builder mates. Urgh. Just urgh.

Dancingfairy Sat 10-Feb-18 23:04:00

I've also witnessed this happen. I was really shocked! They can't all be claustrophobic.

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 23:08:17

God I had no idea this was a phenomenon! I felt quite uncomfortable- but if it’s a “thi f” feel oddly relieved

TotHappy Sat 10-Feb-18 23:17:06

It is a possibility that he's doing it because you're there and he might get nasty/creepier.
But i do think it is a thing with guys in general, workmen in particular. And they very rarely wash their hands if it's just a wee IME. Even though they've just been touching. Their. Cock.
Oh if i think about it it makes me never want to shake hands with a man again!! Especially after the 'hands down pants for a rummage' convo i had at toddler group this week...

MyKingdomForACaramel Sat 10-Feb-18 23:17:23

@dancingfairy - I wonder if they do the same say at their in laws house

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: