Did you marry your great love?

(223 Posts)
IsThisMeToo Sat 10-Feb-18 21:10:14

Why?

Why not?

How is your life now?

HoarseMackerel Sat 10-Feb-18 21:13:35

No, definitely not!
I married the man that I was going out with at the time I thought I should get married.
We're divorced now but I've got two fantastic children.
I feel the best is yet to come relationship wise.....

TopBitchoftheWitches Sat 10-Feb-18 21:15:05

Nope, he decided to beat the shit out of me one weekend. After two years together. Hate him now.

MincemeatTart Sat 10-Feb-18 21:15:58

I did. I was once told you,shouldn’t marry someone because you felt you could live with them forever but rather because you felt you couldn’t live without them. We’re now growing old together and planning for the next 30 years together.

MadMags Sat 10-Feb-18 21:17:12

100% yes.

fantasmasgoria1 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:17:14

No I didn’t but I have met the love of my life, my best friend and soul mate and we are getting married!

FlopsyMcDoodle Sat 10-Feb-18 21:17:41

No, he was my great love but I wasn’t his. I’m now married to a lovely man and I’m fairly sure I’m his great love.

CthulhuInDisguise Sat 10-Feb-18 21:18:29

No because he was a violent bastard who left me. But even though I'm married I still dream about him sometimes blush

PorkSpork Sat 10-Feb-18 21:19:11

Yeah. 25 years now. He's perfect for me.

TheDailyMailLovesTheEUReally Sat 10-Feb-18 21:20:38

Yes. We had a false start but got back together. Married now for 13 years. The first time he kissed me when we started seeing each other again, I knew that this was 'it'. I'd said 'I love you' to other partners before and meant it, but those feelings came nowhere close to how my (now) DH makes me feel.

Mummyontherun86 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:21:41

Yes. 100% Been married 15 years and have kids. Still my great love. Still annoys the hell out of me most days grin

AndInShortIWasAfraid Sat 10-Feb-18 21:23:44

I married my only love, does that count?

RadioDorothy Sat 10-Feb-18 21:24:50

Yes. 20 years together, 15 married. I can't imagine that there is anyone in the world that I could love other than him.

I don't know if I'm his great love, but if the actress who plays Denaerys Targaryen in GoT made him an offer I probably wouldn't see him for dust.

PurpleRobe Sat 10-Feb-18 21:25:54

Yes I married my great love.

Because surely that's what we are all looking for?!

Extremely happy!!! We've sacrificed having kids so that we can be together and are happier than anyone else we know

That's kind of sad @FlopsyMcDoodle hope you are happy though. What Will u do if your true love appears one day?

NewYearNewMe18 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:26:15

Yes.

Tistheseason17 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:26:28

Yes. Still in love with him and will always be... he's kind, caring, considerable, romantic, tactile and a wonderful father.

Buglife Sat 10-Feb-18 21:27:14

I’d assume yes, we met when we were 18, spent 12 years together, married at 30 and are now 35 and I think happier than ever. We managed (with a few bumps along the way) to grow together and want the same things at the same time which helps, so while we are both probably quite different than we were in a lot of ways, we are still very happy and compatible. The issue is whether this is because DH would have always been my ‘great love’ or whether the fact we’ve been together so long, worked at it and almost trained each other to like/want the same things has made it that way. We started off pretty compatible anyway but when you live with someone so long you tend to start liking the same things!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 10-Feb-18 21:27:36

I'm not sure. My husband died 3 months ago. I'm only 36 so wonder if there is more out there for me

Keepingupwiththejonesys Sat 10-Feb-18 21:28:05

Yes, I was 17 and fell absolutely head over heels in love with him on the first date. I'm 27 this year and happily married to that man and we have three amazing children. Like everyone in life there are ups and downs but my husband is always there for me and I know I'm his number one

TheDailyMailLovesTheEUReally Sat 10-Feb-18 21:28:56

NoArmani I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband flowers

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 10-Feb-18 21:28:59

I think I've met mine; although we aren't married. I don't think I'd say no; if he asked. He's a hell of a man; and I've never been more happy or just totally secure in my whole life.

Yellowshadeofgreen Sat 10-Feb-18 21:29:05

I married the man who became the love of my life. As the years go on and he comes through for me more and more each day, week and month I love him more all the time. I made a great choice and I didn’t even realise how lucky I was, I do now.

ICanStandtheHeat Sat 10-Feb-18 21:29:15

No sad

But i married a very very good man who I do fancy, love to bits; he's a great husband, even better dad. My great love could of been useless when things got serious.

I count my blessings every single day.

I'm a very lucky lady but my story doesn't belong in a love story

IndieTara Sat 10-Feb-18 21:29:29

No he dumped me 2 months before the wedding

maras2 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:30:16

Yes 45 years ago.
Why?
Because he was and is my great love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now