Talk

Advanced search

Crazy terrible twos/threenager antics?

(10 Posts)
Pinacollider Sat 10-Feb-18 20:22:53

My lovely DD is currently being consumed by the terrible twos. I didn't realise how crazy some of their demands can be. For example I am no longer allowed to have my hair down. I must always wear a bobble. So, for a bit of fun I'm asking for crazy toddler behaviour you've witnessed. I know I can't be the only one grin

Madmarchpear Sat 10-Feb-18 20:26:54

When watching Lord of the rings earlier my 2 year old insisted everyone gasp in awe at the sight of Arwen. Every single shot of her.

soontobeanana Sat 10-Feb-18 20:33:32

My 2 year old grandson is so bossy -We are babysitting and every inch of my day has been directed - walk like this nanny, say aah nanny, say rivet rivet nanny, hop nanny hop, dance nanny dance - he's asleep now peace

BarryTheKestrel Sat 10-Feb-18 20:37:36

Pinacollider can we swap? My DD will only allow me to have my hair down! As soon as I put it up the tantrums are awful!

Yesterday it took an hour and a half to walk a mile due to 7 sit down tantrums.

We also sit in the dark a lot as she doesn't like the living room light turned on and will climb the back of the sofa to turn the light off if I turn it on.

Whenyouseeit Sat 10-Feb-18 20:38:36

My 3 1/2 year old got very angry because I wouldnt move the sun (it was in his eyes). He didnt want me to help him block out the sun, or walk in a different direction he wanted me to physically make it go away and stop following him. My was he angry when I wouldnt

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:38:42

A two hour tantrum when I said she couldn't wear jeans as a top

MooPointCowsOpinion Sat 10-Feb-18 20:47:47

My three year old responds to every request I make of her with ‘not today mum’...

RobotGoat Sat 10-Feb-18 22:31:36

An hour of full on sobbing and screaming because I made her wash the poo off her hands (she'd been on the potty just before dinner and decided to stick her fingers in it before letting me know 🙄)

Munrow Sat 10-Feb-18 22:50:49

My threenager asked told me to give her, her treat before she had dinner to which I responded with, 'no, you can have it after you've eaten your meal'

And I got the whole attitude, head bobbing, diva body movement response of:

'Do you know what I'm going to do mummy? I'm going to switch off the television so Little Brother can't watch it. And that's your fault because you didn't give me my treat'

Me: 'DD, please don't switch it off'

She then proceeds to pick up the remote, lifts it up so I can see that she has it, does this whole attitude face again with eyebrows , facial expressions and tutting and switches off the television, looking back at me with a really smug face.

Shrugs her shoulders and says, 'you made me do it'.

At this point I hide behind the food cabinet and tried my best to stop laughing because I just couldn't be angry. I just saw a mini me from when I was a teenager. And now I have a glimpse of what's to come in the future.

It was more of a 'oh no you didn't' moment. I couldn't even speak to her about her attitude because it just made me laugh everytime I thought about it.

toomuchtooold Sat 10-Feb-18 23:44:12

You've all seen Reasons My Son Is Crying, right?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: