Talk

Advanced search

What is an SEN multi-agency meeting? *posting for traffic*

(6 Posts)
Queenofthestress Sat 10-Feb-18 20:17:57

I've posted in the SEN board, but I've had no replies
I'm a bit confused, I'm based in NE Lincs, school requested the early years officer from the hospital to come observe DS (4) He has a full diagnosis of GDD and functions at the age of 2.5, school and pead suspect he has autism.

Strategies were suggested and implemented in an IEP, but now he's going into full time in September school have requested a multi agency meeting.
I have no idea what a multi - agency meeting is or what the outcomes are, is there anyone that can explain?

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:21:25

A multi-agency meeting is just one where involved professionals from different sectors (perhaps parents, health, education, social care etc) attend. Helps to keep support focused and cohesive.

Labradoodliedoodoo Sat 10-Feb-18 20:24:09

It will all be in your child’s interest. It’s very effective to have all relative professionals in the room and talk things through together.

KatieHaslam22 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:25:42

It’s so they can offer your DS the best possible support when he starts full time. And as said above will involve all the professionals involved with your son. The school can then draw up behavioural management plans and such if they feel there is a need for it.

themagicamulet Sat 10-Feb-18 20:26:12

In my LA this might indicate school considering applying for EHCP, but parents wd be fullly informed if that were the case.

Queenofthestress Sat 10-Feb-18 20:32:32

School are applying for an ECHP as far as I'm aware as they think he'll need a full time 1-1, he bolts, has a 5 min concentration time, doesn't sit still (he wanders around the nursery setting) has meltdowns, doesn't understand personal boundaries, plus others, the issues they'd have with dinner time and play time are too long to list, he's not even fully potty trained yet because he just doesn't recognize when he needs to go

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: