Talk

Advanced search

To think that Ryans toy review was bearable until the parents got involved

(37 Posts)
Chocywockydodahhhhhh Sat 10-Feb-18 16:42:35

Now you get Ryan’s family review
The mums voice is the most annoying ever and they have started getting dressed up, Ryan’s Mum even has a character princess pea.
Ryan on his own with the dad now and again was quite cute but now the Mum and dad seem to take over
Arrrrrgggghhhhh

RatSoup Sat 10-Feb-18 16:43:49

What on earth are you writing about?
Utterly perplexed...

jaseyraex Sat 10-Feb-18 16:45:06

hmm you may need to elaborate a bit.

toffee1000 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:45:12

Huh?

Merryoldgoat Sat 10-Feb-18 16:45:26

Totally with you. I could just about bear it when it was only Ryan and got really good ideas for gifts for my DS who is a similar age to Ryan.

The parents and their stupid pissing about boils my piss.

YANBU

Notso Sat 10-Feb-18 16:47:35

Glad I'm not the only one who is clueless.

Merryoldgoat Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:04

Ah, a few people spared the ‘Welcomes to Ryan Toys Review’ intro all sodding day!

It’s YouTube channel which began as a preschooler playing with and reviewing toys. Rakes in a fortune in advertising revenue and now the parents are showing themselves on screen adding absolutely nothing to the format.

venys Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:14

I think I have only seen the ones with the parents involved. But it's not great though. I don't understand why they want to review such rubbish toys (that are obviously sent to them) and eat vasts amounts of junk food. How is this way any good for the child? And why they still have vasts amounts of space in their house (probably garage stuffed to the gills) - bit thats me being jealous living in my hovel.

Chocywockydodahhhhhh Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:44

Ryan’s toy review is on YouTube for those that don’t know
It is a kid that reviews toys and now his parents are realising how much publicity he is getting and have jumped on the band wagon

Chocywockydodahhhhhh Sat 10-Feb-18 16:49:38

Apparently his channel makes over 8 million a year

Mol1628 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:51:25

My kids love it. But yes. The parents are extremely annoying. Especially the mother.

IHaveACuntingPlan Sat 10-Feb-18 16:53:25

Yanbu at all. That woman's voice is like nails down a blackboard. I keep explaining to my dc that American houses are loads bigger than British ones so we just don't have the space for the toys that Ryan can play with.

seizethecuttlefish Sat 10-Feb-18 16:53:47

It drives me mad. The Christmas one where they went round a toy shop picking toys to donate was cringe worthy. Especially as it was all sponsored and it wasn't them "doing their bit for charity". I worry that ds thinks all kids get a new toy every sodding week. Luckily (or not) it's been replaced in this house by videos of Lego being built.

venys Sat 10-Feb-18 16:58:25

Ooh that's better cuttlefish..might start searching those. Although am just trialling a Kidstube alternative called Highbrow which shows vetted educational videos rather than any old junk that is currently on the top of the playlists. Jury's out though.

Notso Sat 10-Feb-18 17:02:46

Sounds awful. I don't let my younger ones go on YouTube. The older ones are bad enough with gaming videos, make up tutorials and an awful one DD watches about a whining teen who just seems to list gifts people have bought her confused

stitchglitched Sat 10-Feb-18 17:03:01

I hate this channel. I steer DD towards Toy Genie who is really creative and has a nice relaxing voice instead!

OuchBollocks Sat 10-Feb-18 17:05:35

I despise it. DD watched some of it when DS was a newborn. I've since barred it and all the similar ones, but she still loves "Hi Ryan", as she calls it hmm

PookyHook Sat 10-Feb-18 17:16:54

I hate this. The mum's voice is so annoying. Poor Ryan looks bewildered half the time. DD loves it, it would be the only thing she would watch if she was allowed. I only let her watch it for a short time at the weekends.

The consumerism is awful. I really shouldn't let her watch it, but she loves it so much. She'd be gutted if I banned it, so I just try to limit it.

Mol1628 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:19:48

Hahaha calling it ‘hi Ryan’ is very funny 😂😂

Iloveanimals Sat 10-Feb-18 17:25:08

Hate it.

starryskies78 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:26:38

Oh God, I can't listen to her. My son is obsessed with Ryan and I'm slowly weaning him off as I can't bear her voice!! (Without going into the consumerism of it) Don't know how we ever found it!

Merryoldgoat Sat 10-Feb-18 17:26:50

We’ve moved on to Kids Learning Tube which is great. And I now know all of the US State Capitals to help with Pointless answers.

DaisysStew Sat 10-Feb-18 17:27:33

The mum actually started it when Ryan was a baby and as he got older he did the “reviews” instead. It used to be called ABC surprises or something like that.

I like Ryan, he’s really cute and a great little performer - but the mums annoying as hell and the dad looks like he’d rather be anywhere else than doing the show grin

IceBearRocks Sat 10-Feb-18 17:37:58

OMG..... I cannot stand the Dad's voice !!! It really really grates on me!!!!

E010365 Mon 28-May-18 06:59:02

I agree. Can't stand her voice! Everytime DS watches on his tablet, I have to leave the room.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: