Advanced search

To think I was right in ending friendship?

(6 Posts)
Mumfromuk Sat 10-Feb-18 16:16:39

I met a friend from a mums group. We chatted via email/text from time to time. But didn’t meet up. This person would ask me for advice (I’m a mental health professional) about her relationship with her DP which was a total mess! I’d always respond punctually and with care. I hit a rough patch in my life. Sent her several messages about things (her situation had improved by now) and she’d not reply or reply days later saying she’d been busy. She has a lot of hired help and doesn’t work so I felt she just didn’t want to reply. After a bit I was fed up and ended friendship saying I needed friends who gave too and not just take. Now I feel kind of bad for this. Was I unreasonable for ending what felt like a one sided friendship? I feel like she only wanted free relationship counseling from me.

Handsfull13 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:02

Definitely not unreasonable. Friendship is give and take. Sorry you are having a rough patch hope it's gets better.

MadRainbow Sat 10-Feb-18 16:50:33

Nope not at all U, I have experienced lots of this in my life and it's a whole lot easier to end it on your terms.

ListenToTheWords Sat 10-Feb-18 16:51:07

Mumfromuk Sat 10-Feb-18 23:13:10

Thank you all. I don’t feel so bad now.

Dancingfairy Sat 10-Feb-18 23:16:28

Not unreasonable! I have this with my friend. She will go on and on about her problems to me but if I dare mention mine I get "oh are you still not over that!" "The difference with mine is that it's still fresh" I just told her fine I won't speak to her about my problems anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now