Talk

Advanced search

Kettles

(10 Posts)
MrsMaxwell Sat 10-Feb-18 10:17:07

3rd world issue here.

Have a voucher for our wedding I really really would like a whistling hob kettle (the Orla Kiely one) DH says no way are we having a hob kettle.

Are they a bit shit or is he BU?

InspMorse Sat 10-Feb-18 10:21:34

One word - Shrill

UpstartCrow Sat 10-Feb-18 10:22:15

They are great until you are doing something and cant get to the hob to turn it off quickly and they become a massive PITA.

MrsMaxwell Sat 10-Feb-18 10:23:42

Hmmm wink

MrsMaxwell Sat 10-Feb-18 10:23:53

Not wink! grin

LadyLoveYourWhat Sat 10-Feb-18 10:24:45

I would think that electric kettles are much quicker and more efficient and they turn themselves off when they're done. When I'm cooking, I always boil water in the kettle for pasta, etc, rather than starting with cold water in a pan. Hob kettles are a bit of a faff too, IMO and the whistle soon loses its novelty.

UpstartCrow Sat 10-Feb-18 10:24:46

Do an experiment to see if the novelty will wear off. Get your DH to randomly stand in the kitchen and blow a whistle and see how fast you crack and want to throw him outside.

PartyRat Sat 10-Feb-18 10:25:21

Noooo don't do it! We made that mistake and have since reverted to an electric kettle it takes FOREVER to boil, it's soooo shrill and is an all round pain in the arse

MrsLettuce Sat 10-Feb-18 10:34:36

We were given [[ this]] one as a house warming present. I was dubious (to say the least) but after a few months of use I'm totally converted. It boils really fast, looks gorgeous and i just pop it on a lower heat don't flip the whistle on if I'm popping upstairs (or some such) while waiting for it to boil.

It's so nice not to have an ugly electric one cluttering up the worktop anymore.

MrsLettuce Sat 10-Feb-18 10:36:51

Oh forgot to past the link! Here: www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=920096001400

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: