Talk

Advanced search

If you were born male but transitioned to a woman, why did you want to?

(4 Posts)
Amoregentlemanlikemanner Sat 10-Feb-18 10:01:08

This is not a trick question, I am genuinely interested.

I kind of half get the idea of seeking a means to be someone else? I started a thread about identifying as being good looking but it isn’t really meant to mock.I genuinely do think that technologysort of allows us to be different people (in the way that travel once did)

But why a woman, given all the advantages of being a bloke? Did the fact that most people think men have it better make it worse somehow?

pieceofpurplesky Sat 10-Feb-18 10:09:20

I have a friend who transitioned. Hated who he was as a man, never felt able to be who he truly was. Suffered depression, self harm etc. Identifying as female (and the full range of ops) allows her to be who she wants to be.
She always refers to herself as a transwoman not a woman by the way.

honeybeetheoneandonly Sat 10-Feb-18 13:30:25

I have no experience in this but I think it's not about being someone else as much as being who you are.
I would find it very weird if I had the genitalia of the other sex and was identified as such because I really am not.
I can only presume that it's something like that. (Sorry, not sure if that made sense.)

Amoregentlemanlikemanner Sun 11-Feb-18 17:16:56

Thanks. Unfortunately I am not sure if people with the relevant experience feel able to talk about it on this thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: