Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used travel sickness patches ?

(14 Posts)
bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 08:58:32

And if so, AIBU to ask how you got on (tenuous AIBU - sorry!)

I have a business trip coming up for just over a week. Multiple locations, numerous car journeys between sites, etc etc.

I have had terrible travel sickness my whole life . It's completely under control when I'M in control of plans, because I do the driving / sit in the front / sit forward facing etc. I also take sturgeron and use Queezibics ginger.

The trip is with clients and to a developing country - I will have to sit in the back etc and not be able to drive..

😱😱😱😱 has anyone uses patches ? And did they work? I need something that will literally stop the travel sickness across the entire week.. any advise?

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 08:59:27

* advice !

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 17:42:19

Anyone?

ferretygubbins Sat 10-Feb-18 18:00:11

Boy1 uses these and they d seem to help with trains, buses, planes and boats. However car journeys are still troublesome for him particularly if it a fast drive along twisty roads (had to get the taxi to stop twice on the way to Alton Towers for him to throw up but 6 rides on Nemesis was absolutely fine). If you can get them prescribed do so as they are clucking extortionate at the pharmacist.

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 18:02:57

Thanks Ferrity

I feel for you son - car sickness is bloody awful 🤢🤢🤢 it's the car sickness part that I'm most trying to resolve...

Yura Sat 10-Feb-18 19:10:28

I haven’t, but following. terrible Travel sickness here, I can’t even drive myself...

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Sat 10-Feb-18 19:48:07

Have you tried the wristbands? They work on acupressure. I was highly sceptical but found them very useful when flying light aircraft.

Purplelion Sat 10-Feb-18 20:26:45

If you go to your GP you can get Cyclizine, I used it for HG in pregnancy and now use them for travel sickness and they’re amazing.

MrsMonkeyBear Sat 10-Feb-18 20:38:12

I second cyclizine. Just pop one 1 hour before travel and it works wonders.

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 23:23:52

Thanks for the tip, will google Cyclizine 👍👍

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 23:24:43

yura feel very sorry for you - that sounds severe ☹️☹️☹️

HateTheDF Sat 10-Feb-18 23:27:29

I get awful travel sickness and am yet to find anything that works. The only thing that slightly works is constantly sucking on a mint. I'd love to know if the patches work.

bbcessex Sat 10-Feb-18 23:34:02

I think I'm going to try them Hate - if I do I'll post an update!

Fintress Sat 10-Feb-18 23:36:39

I recommend cyclizine too. They are pretty good although I've also had success with Stugeron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now