Talk

Advanced search

To wish my dh would suffer in silence?

(19 Posts)
Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 08:34:08

He has a mouth ulcer and he’s been going on about it for 3 days! Even when he’s not going on about it he’s messing with his lip with his tongue in front of me like he’s trying to remind me without words that it hurts.

I know they hurt, I get them too, and I’m not uncaring (actually I am! I don’t give a shit that he has a mouth ulcer) I do care about him though, and if he’s ill I’m caring.

But somethings like mouth ulcers, colds, cuts on fingers etc.... I wish he’d just get on with it and stop moping!

Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 08:34:42

Some things

TheNecroscope Sat 10-Feb-18 08:36:44

Tell him to buy some iglu, it’s bloody brilliant for mouth ulcers. It coats them completely and takes the pain away totally.

ButchyRestingFace Sat 10-Feb-18 08:39:20

I suppose you could always withdraw conjugal privileges during the period he’d behaving like a dying duck.

After all, you can’t risk having sex with a sick man and making it worse, can you??

LemonShark Sat 10-Feb-18 08:40:12

Anbesol. Life saver. Not to be confused with anusol.

It hurts like hell to apply but once it's on it numbs the ulcer incredibly effectively. I used to get them all the time and anbesol was the only thing that enabled me to eat because the pain was so bad otherwise.

Bonjela does nothing imo. Anbesol is a thin liquid you apply with your finger and brings blessed pain relief very fast. I don't get ulcers anymore but never without a bottle in the house! It's amazing how strong an anaesthetic it is for an OTC med!

user1493413286 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:41:30

I’ve currently got a nasty mouth ulcer and I’m trying to get sympathy from my OH by doing all that haha but I don’t think he’s really noticed

BillywilliamV Sat 10-Feb-18 08:47:43

At least he doesnt have to play the saxophone with one, unlike my poor DD...or does he?

whoareyoukidding Sat 10-Feb-18 08:50:48

I managed to bite the whole inside of my mouth when I was eating a crunchie bar the other day and I've been in agony ever since. I don't think my DH is being v sympathetic sad

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 10-Feb-18 08:54:07

I second Anbesol. Or a cudgel.

Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 09:43:17

grin butchy good thinking!

We have lots of anbesol in. I get ulcers quite a lot near my period (counted 15! Once!) So i know they hurt.
I just don’t go on about it.

No billy he doesn’t.... but dc are different. I have more sympathy for them!

Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 09:44:04

smile whoare doubt I’d be sympathetic either (after the initial are you okay?) sorry!

BirdintheWings Sat 10-Feb-18 09:49:00

Yup, no sympathy here unless wind player on the day of a concert.

DS plays a LOT of concerts with ulcers. Iglu is good stuff, must get him some Anbesol to try too!

wasMissD Sat 10-Feb-18 09:52:39

Ha ha!

My husband suffers with nasty mouth ulcers and they stay for weeks. I never hear the end of it.
He joked they are worse than childbirth, but I do think deep down he thinks this is true grin.
He's the same as yours OP. Slight cut on his finger- you'd think he'd severed it!
Aw, love him anyway smile

barefoofdoctor Sat 10-Feb-18 10:04:41

One of the reasons I got rid of exdh was because of the illness dramas. When he decided he had meningitis on a long term basis and kept informing people of how he was suffering with meningitis which he just couldn't shake i got fed up of the bum clenching embarassment and whinging and called it a day. (He was an intelligent chap so no idea why he concluded he had meningitis hmm

thecatsarecrazy Sat 10-Feb-18 10:12:32

My dh makes a real meal out of it. Not just oh dear have a mouth ulcer. He claims when they burst it makes him ill, he takes himself to bed and everything ffs!

Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 10:14:41

bird get the liquid version, it’s easier to apply smile

was yes it is a good job I love him!

Oh dear barefoof he sounds like a pita!.... My dh did actually have meningitis and was in hosp for 6 weeks, he nearly died. Thankfully I didn’t know him then. I met him about 2 years later and he still tries to get sympathy from me for it. Obviously I think it’s awful, and I’m really glad he made a full recovery, but I think that experience has made him a bit of a hypochondriac

Redwineistasty Sat 10-Feb-18 10:15:45

Oh dear cat.... that’s your cue to have the telly to yourself or go out! DO NOT PANDER!

TheNecroscope Sat 10-Feb-18 11:00:48

The best bit about iglu is that it doesn’t hurt at all to apply, you can’t feel a thing.
I was on medication once years ago where the side effect was lots and lots of mouth ulcers. I stopped the medication and put up with the problem instead because it was so unpleasant to live with.

justilou1 Sat 10-Feb-18 13:33:04

Bicarb soda also helps ulcers, but it tastes like shit - which would give him something else to complain about, I guess...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: