Advanced search

To not have a clue what to do

(19 Posts)
Twilightskyes Fri 09-Feb-18 23:09:13

Where I live there are some woods and a bridge over a stream.

Every Friday and Saturday night a huge group of between twenty and thirty people congregate and listen to loud thumping music, shout, yell and shriek until the early hours and stamp on the bridge. It’s metal so clangs and shudders.

I’ve tried 101 but no luck

What the FUCK can I do? I’m miserable beyond belief.

losingmymindiam Fri 09-Feb-18 23:12:21

Why no luck with 101? I would persevere with police involvement.

Twilightskyes Fri 09-Feb-18 23:13:15

They don’t do anything, though. They say they’ll send someone and they never do. And they ask daft questions ‘how many are there / appearance’ - I don’t KNOW, it’s pitch black!

NewYearNewMe18 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:14:48

Report massive brawl.

lopdedop Fri 09-Feb-18 23:16:07

Do you have neighbours? Aren't they being disturbed too?
Perhaps if you all called the police, they'd sort them out?

ferriswheel Fri 09-Feb-18 23:16:41

That sounds so awful. Are there lots of neighbours who could also report a massive brawl?

Twilightskyes Fri 09-Feb-18 23:20:54

Because of where my house is (end of a row) I hear it.

I get it. When I’m in the lounge which is at the front I can only hear it very quietly. But in the bedrooms it’s AWFUL.

SleightOfMind Fri 09-Feb-18 23:25:08

Similarly plagued with nuisance Trip Trappers.

Zoe Adjonyoh‘s Goat Stew helps soothe my soul.

BackforGood Fri 09-Feb-18 23:25:20

Get in touch with your local Counsellor

Notthenameiwant Fri 09-Feb-18 23:28:41

Very loud classical music played in Their general direction and a spot light.

Jon66 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:31:44

Speak to your local Pco and your local councillor. Also you need to continue making a complaint every time it happens so the police can see a pattern of behaviour (theirs i mean).

FinallyFree123456789 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:31:53

Do you have an anti-social behaviour team? Or an enforcement team?
We have one for things like this - I found their number on google for my local council - they cane out and moved

FinallyFree123456789 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:32:26

* posted too soon sorry!*

And moved the drug dealing cars along.
Worth a try if 101 aren’t any help x

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Fri 09-Feb-18 23:46:47

Can you "anonymously" contact your local newspaper for your town and get them to run an article on it ,

We had something similar happening in my town and it makes the lives a misery for those who live nearby , and the newspaper ran articles about it one after the other and now the police have been in the newspaper saying what they plan to do to tackle it (they have a whole thing set up specially to tackle this anti social behaviour)

Also get your local mp involved too, they will get publicity about it too,

You can do all of this while staying anonymous,

Dregsofcolazero Fri 09-Feb-18 23:48:22

Are they “skyclad”?grin

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Fri 09-Feb-18 23:51:19

Report saying theyre dealing drugs. The police round here love to get a drug haul for their FB page.

Twilightskyes Sat 10-Feb-18 00:03:53

I don’t know what that means Dregs, so glad it’s amusing you though. As for me I’m up with a baby that now won’t sleep and I’m so exhausted I could cry.

Twilightskyes Sat 10-Feb-18 00:17:21

Sorry for being so emotional blush

I’m so tired. Sorry again.

Rowgtfc72 Sat 10-Feb-18 09:38:12


Next doors metal gate used to rattle through our house when they shut it. Know where you're coming from.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: