Talk

Advanced search

A ‘normal’ childhood vs ‘not normal’

(2 Posts)
Pinkbutton85 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:55:46

After a discussion with MIL earlier I’m curious to see what other people’s opinions are on what a ‘normal’ childhood is vs one they consider to be ‘not normal’.

Excluding the obvious things that aren’t normal such as neglect, abuse and such.

Things like (what I personally see as not normal), children not being allowed to play outside or get messy, nowadays children who see their parents on their phones all day, not allowed to play with friends out of school, children who aren’t read to/played with, no tv (compared to my childhood)

I fee up without a mother and money was tight. So I didn’t do ‘normal’ childhood things like playing dress up, girly time together. We didn’t go for dinner or for days out.

Where as now I’m the mum and money isn’t tight, it feels strange doing things that I didn’t do as a child.. IYSWIM?

This ISN’T a judgy post at all. I’m more interested in what made YOUR childhood normal or what you now believe to be ‘not normal’ now that you have children of your own? X

Pinkbutton85 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:55:58

Grew*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now