Talk

Advanced search

To be raging about this! *Lighthearted*

(18 Posts)
Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 22:43:28

When I was at the cash machine today, a receipt had fallen out of my bag and a lady yelled over to me from about 50 meters away to tell me “you’ve dropped your receipt!!!”. I’m not being funny but a receipt really doesn’t qualify as something you should tell someone they’ve dropped! I was raging! I felt like she’d just told me I’d dropped my dead biscuit grin

Ten pound note - Yes, yell!
Receipt - not so much.

Heratnumber7 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:44:21

Why not? It's litter, and you should have picked it up

Casmama Fri 09-Feb-18 22:47:55

Dead biscuit wtf??

blackcoffeeredwine Fri 09-Feb-18 22:50:26

I agree, this would baffle / irritate me

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 22:51:27

it was outside my busy local tesco at lunchtime! She yelled from so far away at the top of her lungs that literally everyone stopped in their tracks! I thought she was alerting me to something very serious, so did everyone else I think grin

Don’t worry, I picked it up and put it in the bin!

Dead biscuit - when I was younger people used to say to each other “you dropped your dead biscuit” to try to trick them into looking down on the foor to pick something up. Never mind, I’m assuming that must have been a local joke!

GrandTheftWalrus Fri 09-Feb-18 22:53:42

I'm guessing you're Scottish? As we used to say dead biscuit at school as well.

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 22:54:03

Yes! Scottish grin

Cel982 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:54:22

She was telling you that you had littered, even if it was inadvertent on your part. Fair play to her.

InToMyHeart Fri 09-Feb-18 22:54:52

Maybe she thought it was important? My parents go through their all of their receipts. Or you might have been claiming expenses? She was probably trying to do you a favour.

NoIdeaWhatToSay Fri 09-Feb-18 22:59:06

She wasn't close enough to know it was a receipt you didn't need. Why are you mocking someone who was being nice? There are so many arseholes around and you mock someone actually being nice.

GrandTheftWalrus Fri 09-Feb-18 23:00:28

What area? I grew up in South Lanarkshire. Or just Strathclyde as I'm old!

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 23:05:18

She was probably a lovely lady and was most certainly doing something kind and trying to be helpful.

Have you never had that moment where you’ve left your phone on the table in a café for instance or your child has dropped their favourite cuddly toy and someone alerts you to it? That moment of relief when you think about what could have been? I just found it funny today because I thought that was about to happen when she started saying I’d dropped something but turns out it was a receipt for a packet of chewing gum 😂

It was funny in my head but obviously not so much on here!

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 23:06:21

I’m from Perth but spent a bit of time around that area as my dads from bothwell.

GrandTheftWalrus Fri 09-Feb-18 23:09:00

I went to school in Hamilton, so along the road.

I've never heard of anyone else doing it. Small world.

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 23:13:04

Come to think of it, I don’t know if anyone else in Perth did it but my older brothers certainly used to say it to me grin

GrandTheftWalrus Fri 09-Feb-18 23:23:41

I just asked a friend from Edinburgh they've never heard of it

Camberleeee Fri 09-Feb-18 23:25:53

That’s odd! Haha. Maybe it comes from your neck of the woods and my siblings & I could have got it from my dad. Do you mind me asking how old you are?

GrandTheftWalrus Sat 10-Feb-18 00:43:45

I'm 33

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: