Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you use Mumsnet?

(8 Posts)
springchickenn Fri 09-Feb-18 22:04:33

I'm a relative noob here and can't quite get into the groove of how to use it. I spend my time refreshing "active" (now that I've read all 1.5k thread pages in relationships :D) Is that how it's meant to be done?
Can you give me a quick rundown of how you typically navigate your MN session?

As an aside... Why do people give each other the biscuit icon? I take it -it means like "you taking the biscuit mate?"

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Fri 09-Feb-18 22:07:47

biscuit means "no comment". There's a story about it, but I wasn't there.

I just keep checking threads I'm on, then, if that's a bit slow, I'll look in Active.

InDubiousBattle Fri 09-Feb-18 22:10:52

I go to 'I'm on' and 'active'. I dip in and out throughout the day/evening when my dc need me in the room but I'm not actually allowed to play whatever they're playing!

springchickenn Fri 09-Feb-18 22:17:29

Ah, I guess I need to post more - I've only got 4 threads in "I'm on". Thanks re: the jammy dodger icon lol

lucylouuu Fri 09-Feb-18 22:24:58

i refresh active, if something's interesting i click " watch " and bookmark where i was so then later on i go into my " watching " bit and it's saved my place on where i was earlier!

InDubiousBattle Fri 09-Feb-18 22:27:15

I post on practically every thread I open blush!

springchickenn Fri 09-Feb-18 22:31:09

ahhh that's what bookmarking means omg blush that's a good idea thanks lucylouuu And, lol InDubious I type out a response and then think I'm chatting tripe and don't post it! People would probably give me a jammy dodger if I did grin

lucylouuu Fri 09-Feb-18 22:32:46

I only figured it out the other week, saves scrolling through for ages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now