Talk

Advanced search

To think there is no helping this friend

(5 Posts)
TheCatAteIt Fri 09-Feb-18 20:14:30

She’s been in and out of a abusive relationship for years now, she will get away from him then months or weeks later he will be back at the house. The amount of times I’ve taken the children for the night or had her come to my house because she’s scared he’s going to hurt her I can’t even count.

I wouldn’t like to think how many times her children have had to call the police while he’s outside kicking the door in calling her all the names under the Sun. Her children hate him, she has 8 and 3 with him.

Last year he got into a new relationship and df was non stop wanting to look at his Facebook and his new girlfriends and even arguing with her! Now one of her eldest who doesn’t live at home has seen on her Facebook a photo of her and ex saying she loves him. We are a both a bit likehmm. She’s not happy and has messaged friend saying why on Earth are you back with him again and she’s read and ignored her own child.

After all the things she writes over Facebook about him slagging him off and everyone helping her or giving advice it feels a bit of a slap in the face and I feel so sorry for her kids who have to live there!

There really is nothing I can do is there?

Strongvegetables Fri 09-Feb-18 20:17:25

No. There isn’t.

Have SS not been involved?

I know it’s incredibly frustrating but you have to turn off from it.

DriggleDraggle Fri 09-Feb-18 20:17:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thenightsky Fri 09-Feb-18 20:18:53

No. I'd have stepped away a while ago I think.

TheCatAteIt Fri 09-Feb-18 23:49:32

Strong, they have been in the past (and with all his ex’s) friend split from partner and I’m sure it was just left then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: