Talk

Advanced search

To buy maternity pyjamas as a present

(19 Posts)
doris9034 Fri 09-Feb-18 18:53:16

Posting here shamelessly for trafficgrin

My friend has a birthday in a few weeks and has also just found put she's pg - she'll be about 14wks on birthday.
I am making her a pamper hamper for a gift (nice bath/body stuff, candles ec) and thought about also putting some maternity pjs in but not quite sure if this would be weird (Or worse, offensive confused), so maybe I should just stick to fluffy socks?!
Any opinions gratefully received!

Fishcalledlola Fri 09-Feb-18 18:54:42

I would have loved them, think it's a nice present.

LRL2017 Fri 09-Feb-18 18:55:49

I think they are a brilliant idea. I stupidly wore
My pjs all way through and now my favourites won't stay up!

smeerf Fri 09-Feb-18 18:56:15

I think it's a lovely idea, but I worry about sizes - if someone got my my pre pregnancy size (but in maternity sizes) it would have never fitted in a million years - I put on a lot of weigh over my pregnancy.

Porgs Fri 09-Feb-18 18:58:41

Lovely present! I have just slept in DP's giant tshirts rather than spend the money on maternity pyjamas so getting some as a present would have been fab. Another option is a light dressing gown rather than a fluffy one (hard to find in the shops but great for mooching about in on maternity leave and will need in hospital when she wants to cover up but is warm).

NordicNobody Fri 09-Feb-18 19:00:24

My friend bought me nice pjs as a gift when I was a few weeks post partum and I loved them. Nicest gift I got. She also bought me a lasagne. She is a good person smile

BrimFire Fri 09-Feb-18 19:07:52

I always buy a nightie for my pregnant friends ( with button top).

One of my friends bought me a cheap thin billowy cotton one. Best present ever. it dried quickly ( both after a wash and even if I leaked at night). I could wear tons of pads without worrying and looked really nice through all my shape changes.

doris9034 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:17:28

Thanks all! Pjs it is - I'll get on the case! smile

Gladiola44 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:24:47

I think a nightdress would be more accommodating!

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 09-Feb-18 21:27:49

My best friend bought me a combined 30th birthday/baby shower gift basket which included Mamalicious maternity/feeding pajamas and I love them and still wear them now! A really lovely and thoughtful gift x

kitkatsky Fri 09-Feb-18 21:36:31

Get her amaternity pillow instead. One size fits all and they’re life changing!!

Makingworkwork Fri 09-Feb-18 21:39:29

As long as they are not under bump maternity PJs. Most uncomfortable things ever.

katmarie Fri 09-Feb-18 21:44:04

I would have loved maternity pj's but they were one of those things I never would have bought for myself, so I think it's a fab idea.

LivLemler Fri 09-Feb-18 21:47:03

I don't find usual PJs comfy but resent spending on maternity ones when I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe. I've already decided I'll buy any friends expecting their first a lovely pair of maternity pjs!

Mycarsmellsoflavender Fri 09-Feb-18 22:55:19

Just bear in mind that by the time she's big enough to need maternity pyjamas, it's likely to be summer.

Rudolph85 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:57:07

I am clearly not with the majority here but I wouldn't really want maternity PJs. Plenty of alternatives and just more clutter to deal with after wearing them for 3 months or whatever. Rest of pressy sounds lovely. New PJs for after pregnancy would be better imo.

samp1205 Sun 11-Feb-18 13:42:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kaytee87 Sun 11-Feb-18 13:44:28

I think that's a lovely idea.

Mrsjellybum Sun 11-Feb-18 13:51:55

Definitely a brilliant idea.
Get at least 1 size up and make sure they are draw strings or plenty elastic in the waistband then even if they're massive they will stay up

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: