Talk

Advanced search

to think this author has some issue?

(16 Posts)
Valentinesfart Fri 09-Feb-18 14:09:22

Check the headline and neck beard.

I sense a MGTOW

metro.co.uk/2018/02/09/world-without-women-moves-closer-as-human-eggs-are-grown-in-lab-for-first-time-7297412/

Valentinesfart Fri 09-Feb-18 14:10:13

Literally as soon as we aren't necessary for reproduction we aren't needed at all I guess hmm

Battleax Fri 09-Feb-18 14:11:07

Author? You mean the journalist or the scientists?

IHATEPeppaPig Fri 09-Feb-18 14:12:52

I saw this on the news this morning and I did an eye roll and was waiting for some person to say 'we no longer require women' - to be honest, I'm not surprised in the current climate, women's rights etc, are slowly been eroded and this article and the tag line cements that!!!!

theaveragewife Fri 09-Feb-18 14:14:41

Nooo that's just click bait bullshit.

Palavra Fri 09-Feb-18 14:16:37

Awful title. Turns something which could be so important for young girls with cancer into a jokey MGTOW headline. especially as the scientists I saw on bbc news were mostly women - it’s completely disrespectful.

RadioGaGoo Fri 09-Feb-18 14:17:50

I wonder why the Science and Technology Editor choose that particular headline? Maybe he's just a nice guy and girls just like the bad guys.

UpstartCrow Fri 09-Feb-18 14:18:46

The eggs came from an ovary so the title is bullshit.
We could probably work out how to procreate without men, but not without women.

dingdongdigeridoo Fri 09-Feb-18 14:23:09

I'm pretty sure a while ago they were inventing fake sperm, or there was the possibility of two women making a baby or something, and there was loads of clickbaity stuff about men no longer being necessary. Scientific research is reported so badly.

nellieellie Fri 09-Feb-18 14:24:01

Erm..... headline seriously batshite. The eggs CAME FROM AN OVARY. Not a cardboard box or out of a hat with a rabbit! World without women? World without an editor with half a brain more like...

TatianaLarina Fri 09-Feb-18 14:43:11

The article the journalist wrote bears no relation to the headline. Likely written by a different person.

AlpacaLypse Fri 09-Feb-18 14:45:36

The headlines tend to be the invention of sub editors who are usually prats.

Rebeccaslicker Fri 09-Feb-18 14:54:45

Yep - it quite clearly says that the eggs are grown from ovarian tissue. Good luck getting that from a TIM!!

I guess it's a bit like a sperm bank though - if the technology works, one woman could be used to grow many eggs??

FrancisCrawford Fri 09-Feb-18 15:01:39

You do realise Metro is owned by the dreaded Daily Mail?

Valentinesfart Fri 09-Feb-18 15:07:33

I wouldn't even expect the Daily Mail to come out with something like that to be honest!

They couldn't do
"Look at Chelsea McChelsea face as she flaunts her cellulite in a leopard leotard on the school run!"

articles if there were no women for one thing.

Valentinesfart Fri 09-Feb-18 15:09:23

The article the journalist wrote bears no relation to the headline. Likely written by a different person.

Maybe, but anyone who works for the paper and doesn't insist on that being changed needs a smack with a rolled up Metro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now