Talk

Advanced search

‘Would you trust a female pilot?’ On GMTV

(93 Posts)
Forgeteverythingandremember Fri 09-Feb-18 11:06:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mollifly Fri 09-Feb-18 11:07:20

Even eamon Holmes was getting angry with that woman! Completely ridiculous.

Forgeteverythingandremember Fri 09-Feb-18 11:09:09

giddyupnow Fri 09-Feb-18 11:10:13

Why ARE so many pilots male?

YorkshirePuddingsGreatestFan Fri 09-Feb-18 11:10:49

I've been on a flight with a female pilot. Do you know, it was exactly the same as flights I've been on with a male pilot. Who'd have thought it?!

LizzieSiddal Fri 09-Feb-18 11:11:10

I switched it off.

She’s so pathetic and THICK, I couldn’t cope anymore grin

Forgeteverythingandremember Fri 09-Feb-18 11:11:45

Forgeteverythingandremember Fri 09-Feb-18 11:12:25

AuraofDora Fri 09-Feb-18 11:12:32

seriously?

I never watch this shitey show but I wonder if it's a 'friend' of the production team filling in cos they're desperate?

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Fri 09-Feb-18 11:13:05

Didn't see the interview but I didn't realise you flew a plane with a penis hmm

Situp Fri 09-Feb-18 11:13:31

AFAIK a woman has never hidden mental illness and then deliberately crashed a plane full of people into the Alps. Or the Twin Towers, or the Pentagon.

So glad they keep us and our wandering wombs away from the controls angry

Peachesandcream15 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:13:58

I switched on half way through. Was she actually suggesting a woman pilot might not be as competent if she was on her period?!

user764329056 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:14:03

“I want to be rescued by a man”
This makes me vomit

GetShitDone Fri 09-Feb-18 11:14:13

I used to work in aviation. Some of the best air traffic controllers and some of the best pilots were female - I think partly because they had to really prove themselves to get there.

These were women that you would hope were working when you were flying.

The woman objecting is an idiot.

TheFaerieQueene Fri 09-Feb-18 11:16:39

I haven’t ever watched GMTV. I’m glad if this is the sort of shit they broadcast. I wonder what the advertisers who pay for slots on this programme think of this content?

user1471450935 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:17:22

Last flight we went on, in 2010, Spanish charter, had all female flight crew and all male hosts. Same group 7 nights later. We arrived safely both times, and where well fed and watered as well. Who would have thought that could work in the 21st century grin

UsedtobeFeckless Fri 09-Feb-18 11:18:19

Oh FFS ... Amy Johnson? Amelia Earhart? All the women who flew Spitfires to and for in WW2? The Polikarpov Night Witches?

TerfyMcTerface Fri 09-Feb-18 11:18:58

I’ve been on several internal flights in India that had female pilots. It seems to be completely unremarkable there, and no one batted an eyelid. Meanwhile I’ve been on only one flight from the U.K. that had a female pilot and idiot passengers were carrying on (albeit jokingly) like she was going to crash the plane. What does that say about the U.K.?

bengalcat Fri 09-Feb-18 11:19:48

Ridiculous - obviously judging women by her own mad standards - what about a trans pilot lol - honestly a pilot is a pilot they're all trained to a high standard - I don't care what's lurking in their trousers - there's no such thing as jobs for the boys and jobs for the girls

horseknickers Fri 09-Feb-18 11:20:13

It's this kind of crap that means I never watch anything on ITV.

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 09-Feb-18 11:20:45

There. Are. No. Words.

Must see if this is on catch up somewhere because I need to see this fool for myself. She would have had a fit at the pilot I was in a lift with at an airport once, well she was wearing a pilot's uniform and carrying a pilot case, so I assume she was a pilot, but she was also fairly young, petite and attractive, so about as far from a stereotypical image of a pilot as you could get.

I admit to a little girly crush, I was so impressed with what she must have achieved in a short time.

FloControl Fri 09-Feb-18 11:20:49

My Mum used to have the same attitude, only about dentists. I never knew if it was the old generational excuse, reverse sexism or just plain bonkers.

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 09-Feb-18 11:21:37

How on earth would you even know confused

I'd just wanna be flown by someone trained and safe.

And I'd be grateful to whoever rescued me!! Being a big strong bloke means nothing when you can't fit through a small gap. You'd not be complaining about a woman who was smaller and could fit through to get you then would you.

Fluffyears Fri 09-Feb-18 11:22:03

My dp made jokes about it, until he saw thelook on my face. I said ‘well she can fly it better than you!’ I don’t care who is flying, male or female as long as I get there in one piece!

KTCluck Fri 09-Feb-18 11:22:39

I was watching this in disbelief and awaiting the mumsnet thread.

Bit worried that this women implied her driving isn't safe when she has PMS or has had a difficult morning with the kids confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: