Talk

Advanced search

To ask what can I cook with this...

(15 Posts)
IsItSummerYet2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:25:55

So carrying on from my no wasting food.
I have all to be used by Mondays date
Some pancetta ( 2 small tubs) a whole spicy chorizo and some chicken fillets.

Don't mind if all in one meal or separates
Can't freeze down at mo as freezer full and trying to empty before defrosting

iklboo Fri 09-Feb-18 10:27:47

If you've got peppers, onions, courgette & passata you could make a lovely Spanish traybake & serve with crusty bread.

chickenowner Fri 09-Feb-18 10:28:14

The chicken and cubed chorizo can be made into a Spanish style dish with tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and served with rice.

Pancetta - a little bit in omelettes, pasta sauce etc?

IsItSummerYet2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:29:34

Got everything bar peppers but can grab some on school run.

TeddyIsaHe Fri 09-Feb-18 10:29:39

Pancetta - carbonara!

Chicken and chorizo - paella, traybake or stuff the chicken with the chorizo and some mozzarella and bake

needmysleep75 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:29:50

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/roast_chicken_with_13305 its amazing we have it all the time. Make a carbonara with the pancetta

kw1091 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:30:02

How about a chicken and chorizo pasta with a tomatoe sauce.
And for the pancetta you could sauté some new potatoes with the pancetta and have with fish or chicken or veg

IsItSummerYet2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:31:19

We norm have carbonarra with pancetta but they're bored of it.. Maybe in omelette or something nice and easy.
Love the idea of a Spanish dish

notsohippychick Fri 09-Feb-18 10:31:24

A spicy Spanish stew! If you have some potatoes and some butter beans, fry some onions, garlic, all of the above ingredients. Add some passata and red wine if you have it.

Pop it in the oven for a few hours. It’s lovely!

meredintofpandiculation Fri 09-Feb-18 10:52:47

There are several european recipes for stews which are very precisely detailed and a pain to make from scratch because they require a lot of ingredients (especially several types of meat) in smallish quantities. It's my belief they all descended from "I need to make a meal from leftovers". Garlic, reasonable fat level (eg from the pancetta) and wine improves everything. Tinned beans (borlotti, haricot or whatever) absorb excess fat and tinned chopped tomatoes add richness. Don't forget the herbs (a bay leaf is good). Experiment.

iklboo Fri 09-Feb-18 11:14:09

Although I know what we're having for tea tomorrow now.....

Nomad86 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:26:04

Jambalaya. It's a bit like a risotto but with normal rice.

UnimaginativeUser Fri 09-Feb-18 16:01:53

Another one saying Jambalaya style rice dish would be my idea with the chicken and chorizo, but maybe save the pancetta for a carbonara.

I threw a very similar meal together one day, thinking I'd been really inventive, then read a recipe for a jambalaya and realised I hadn't invented some wonderous new creation! grin

estuarygirl Fri 09-Feb-18 16:08:14

ooh i'm thinking a kind of paella with the chicken and chorizo. bung in some peppers and sprinkle a bit of smoked paprika in for flave.

InToMyHeart Fri 09-Feb-18 18:22:56

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya
Made it and it's amazing! Look at the comments though regarding volume of liquid used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now