Talk

Advanced search

Fed up of waiting - advice please

(18 Posts)
Andromeida29 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:37:51

Posting purely for traffic but I feel so fed up. I'm now over a week late and today took a test. It came back negative. I just don't know why this is happening. I've been regular for 18 months plus. Sore boobs, odd cravings, peeing all the time, light cramps and so very tired. Just feel so fed up now. This would be DC1 as had a miscarriage 18 months ago. sad has anyone else had this? Please be kind. Feeling very sensitive

Loz604 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:41:31

Hi. I haven’t - not in the same situation but can relate with the frustration of wanting things to happen instantly and having no control over it. The female body is a weird thing and have their own mind. Fx that something happens for you soon x

Loz604 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:43:01

I’ve been taking starflower oil capsules which I think may have brought in my af quicker- but who knows if it was that or just my body....

Birdsgottafly Thu 08-Feb-18 22:46:28

I don't want to get your hopes up but I had three negative test results, it took a month for my DD to make herself known.

My DD had bloods done when she suspected that she was pregnant (because of Medication) they came back negative. It was two weeks later before she got a positive result.

If you aren't then there is definitely something hormonal going on.

If you read the threads about miscarriage on here, most people go on to have a successful result.

Good luck!

Andromeida29 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:51:49

Thanks everyone xx much appreciated. I think I'm just so confused because everything period wise has been normal and I don't know what could have changed. Whatever it is, just wish I didn't have to pee all the time. confused

Loz604 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:53:36

Could be a late detection. Especially if you need to pee. Give it another few days and test again. What tests do you use x

MrsMaxwell Thu 08-Feb-18 22:55:19

I had a false negative when pg with my now 18 year old DD smile

Andromeida29 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:00:21

I just bought a cheap one from a chemist and did it around 3pm. Planning on testing Saturday morning if my period doesn't arrive. confused

Loz604 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:06:24

Maybe try a digital in a few days?

seasidelife Thu 08-Feb-18 23:10:24

So sorry for what you have been through!!
Good luck, got my fingers crossed for you!!

Coffeeisnecessary Thu 08-Feb-18 23:12:00

Could try the first response test as that is more sensitive? Good luck and so sorry about your miscarriage.

MumW Thu 08-Feb-18 23:21:55

Definitely go for a first pee of the day as that is when your urine is most concentrated. Hope things work out for you soon. TTC and not falling is horrible. The constant am I/aren't I is so draining.

Andromeida29 Fri 09-Feb-18 05:48:32

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will just try again. I also remembered that I had blood test back in October to check my hormone levels to see if anything was preventing pregnancy but everything came back normal. Fingers, toes and everything, crossed.

Andromeida29 Sat 10-Feb-18 03:17:54

Just tried again with a digital test. Not pregnant according to the test. Now on day 43. Had enough now and don't know what to do.

Canwejustrelaxnow Sat 10-Feb-18 03:20:56

You poor thing. No suggestions but feel for you.

Sickofthisalready Sat 10-Feb-18 05:40:22

I had two negative tests, then the third was positive. Not sure if it had any bearing but the negative results were cheap asda tests, and the positive one was a clear blue.

From memory I did them over 3 weeks so it can take a while to get the correct result.

NoNameMentioned Sat 10-Feb-18 18:06:25

Sorry your body is messing with you. I know how you feel as, unlike you, I was always exceedingly irregular so never knew when I could be pregnant. After a year of trying, my GP advised me to take my temperature first thing on waking up so that I knew when I'd ovulated. It was a right faff, however, it did mean that I knew when I was in the 14 days prior to my period starting so there was only ever 2 weeks of wondering rather than taking tests every few days for weeks on end. My cycle could be anything from 4 - 10 weeks so I never knew whether I was coming or going.

If you are usually regular as clockwork then you may decide the effort isn't worth it but do consider it - it saved my sanity.

FWIW, when we had a good heart to heart and made a decision to go back to the GP after our summer holiday, that was the month I fell.

Andromeida29 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:27:18

Thanks for the advice everyone. Started my period this evening. Absolutely gutted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: