Talk

Advanced search

For banning people bringing fast food into my home

(30 Posts)
Gigimoll Thu 08-Feb-18 21:56:34

Then they leave it for me to dispose of (which is hard. My bin is tiny!) and I find KFC chicken all over my cream carpet and sofa!
Subways, McDonald's. I think it's so rude to just bring one over. Like if you're hungry i'll make you something hmm

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 08-Feb-18 21:58:22

Who are these people and why are they eating takeaway when you're not there?

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 08-Feb-18 21:58:31

Who are these people? confused

Gigimoll Thu 08-Feb-18 21:59:49

DP's friends and family.
My family wouldn't dare bring food over. I think it's so impolite. Especially just to leave it everywhere and make me a mess

BertrandRussell Thu 08-Feb-18 21:59:53

It is possible to ea5 fast food without trash8ng the house you’re eating it 8n.........

BertrandRussell Thu 08-Feb-18 22:00:41

It all depends on the circumstances.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 08-Feb-18 22:02:06

I don't think I've ever randomly taken food to someone else's house. It seems a bit odd.

Why isn't your DP clearing up after them though? Well, they ought to clear up after themselves, but clearly they are inconsiderate.

raisedbyguineapigs Thu 08-Feb-18 22:03:50

That's disgusting. Your DP needs to tell them to sort it out, unless he doesn't see a problem with it. Then I'd say you have bigger problems if you plan on being stuck with him!

LizzieSiddal Thu 08-Feb-18 22:04:25

Why are they eating food on your sofa?

Ask them to stay in the kitchen.

Allthewaves Thu 08-Feb-18 22:04:47

Grim. Tell them to eat it at the table. I wont have food in the sittingroom

NoIdeaWhatToSay Thu 08-Feb-18 22:04:57

I wouldn't ban fast food, I'd ban the ill mannered people who are making a mess in your house!

Gigimoll Thu 08-Feb-18 22:05:06

Drives me insane! I'd never dream of bringing food to someone's house without asking. Last week, his friend ate dinner at home and then he comes to ours and brings a footlong subway! Lettuce everywhere. My dd eyeing it up and wanting it (which I don't like) I'm trying to keep her away from junk food as she's only 10 months. The cat even dragging KFC chicken to random places which I came home to. Makes me so fed up.

Iwillstartagainonmonday Thu 08-Feb-18 22:07:38

I wouldn't ban fast food no. I would have a word with the arses who clearly have no respect for your house by leaving you to clear rubbish up after themselves.

Even my 8yo DS takes his own rubbish out to the bin.

Gigimoll Thu 08-Feb-18 22:12:19

That's what it is, lack of respect. His cousin the other week left a bag of KFC eaten chicken on my coffee table and when I tried to clean it up she told me she wanted it. Then she left it. It was eaten. Why not take it? It's the boxes and the packaging. I can't fit them in my bin so they clutter up the kitchen which isn't sanatary in the slightest.

Iwillstartagainonmonday Thu 08-Feb-18 22:53:09

Totally. Put your foot down. Either they tidy up after themselves whilst being a guest in your house (apart from DP of couse but he still needs to tidy up his mess too) or they take the rubbish back out with them when they go. They'll soon learn.

ScattyCharly Thu 08-Feb-18 22:56:19

You could maybe start by saying that food is only in kitchen. You see them arrive withfood so usher them straight to kitchen

I don’t think it’s rude to arrive with food. I do think it’s rude to expect someone to make you food when it’s not an arranged thing. So I’d be happy with people bringing food but mad about it getting smeared in areas other than kitchen table b

ScattyCharly Thu 08-Feb-18 22:57:38

Your bin iSsue sounds odd. Can’t uou just shove in black sack and sling innwheely bin?

Birdsgottafly Thu 08-Feb-18 23:01:44

Why aren't they going straight into the outside bin?

You need to give them plates and ask them to tidy up when they've finished.

Gigimoll Thu 08-Feb-18 23:17:22

I've pushed so hard to my council for a new bigger wheelie bin. We have the smallest and apparently a house cat with litter, a baby and me and dp isn't enough to get a bigger one hmm

InToMyHeart Fri 09-Feb-18 03:55:33

Well, I kinda hate you because you have a wheelie bin. My council allow us to chuck out two bags a fortnight or we get a £100 fine (and extra bags left even with the fine!) so you don't have my sympathy! wink

But bringing fast food into your house and dumping the rubbish? That is rude. Do they even offer you some? DP needs to take some responsibility here though, I think.

Ethylred Fri 09-Feb-18 04:23:43

You have issues with your DP. Why does he let his friends/relatives/whatever bring this garbage into your house?

Noloot Fri 09-Feb-18 06:28:44

Buy a roll of bin liners and put their junk in it, tie it up and give it to them as they !save.
Tell them no food in unless take litter out.
Spray Mr muscle around constantly wiping up the mess and accidently spraying their food a bit.
Share your DD is allergic and sorry but you have to ban it ( don't really say sorry )
It out pictures of fat people and stick pictures of fast food over their mouths the leave your art project all around your living room
Spray room with air freshener
Can you tell I Loth fast food?😀

Noloot Fri 09-Feb-18 06:30:41

Sorry for typos
As they leave!
Say your DD
Cut out pictures

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Fri 09-Feb-18 06:33:04

Yanbu. Bringing a meal to someone else’s house is very rude and antisocial. Strewing fried chicken everywhere is also grim.

letsdolunch321 Fri 09-Feb-18 06:36:30

My council operates a system if you have an under 3yr old in the house you get a bigger bin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: