Talk

Advanced search

Cut my mouth on a cupcake?!?

(10 Posts)
MermaidTailUnicornHorn Thu 08-Feb-18 19:33:10

So friend gave me a beautiful cupcake. Took it home to have with a cup of tea ... bit into it and it had 2 hidden toothpicks in it! Covered my icing/decoration.

Aibu or would you expect toothpicks in a decorated cupcake?

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Thu 08-Feb-18 19:36:10

Possibly if there was a decoration sitting out of it that is designed to be removed before eating the cupcake, otherwise definitely not! Are you ok?

MermaidTailUnicornHorn Thu 08-Feb-18 19:37:30

All the decoration on it was edible and yeah I’m fine thank you smile ... just got a sore mouth and an unfinished cupcake.

CatWizard Thu 08-Feb-18 19:38:06

If the decorations were fondant figures or similar I wouldn't be surprised but if it was just buttercream/frosting then yanbu

bridgetreilly Thu 08-Feb-18 19:38:48

Weird. No, I wouldn't expect that either.

WhirlwindHugs Thu 08-Feb-18 19:40:45

That's ridiculous! Was it homemade? If so, I would cut some slack.

But from a shop I'd be very annoyed. There shouldn't be any need for cupcake sized decoration to need holding in place, and if for some reason it was so elaborate it did there should have been a warning.

Enidthecat Thu 08-Feb-18 19:40:46

Yikes! No wouldn't expect it at all

lunar1 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:48:05

Wouldn't have expected it at all, if I'd bought them for my children I'd have handed them over without checking.

Bitchfromhell Thu 08-Feb-18 19:49:42

You're going to need to punch her in the face next time you see her. Toothpicks will no one think of the children sad

ToadOfSadness Thu 08-Feb-18 19:54:48

It may have been from one of those cup cake flower displays or a tower, should have been warned though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now