Advanced search

AIBU to call 111 for kidney infection?

(3 Posts)
WhooooAmI24601 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:23:05

I've had a UTI that I can't shake off, had over-the-counter remedies last week which didn't really do much so went to the GP on Monday and was prescribed Trimethoprin. I've finished the course (6 tablets, two a day), drunk 3 litres of water every day and all day today I've had a kind of dull ache in my kidney area. Tonight we were sat eating supper and I had quite a painful stabbing sort of thing in each kidney. I've taken my temp (digital ear thermometer) and it's 39.2 and my GP closed early today so I've not been able to get seen.

AIBU to call 111 for advice? I know how oversubscribed they are and don't want to dally about wasting their time if I can take a couple of paracetamol and go to bed, but I've not experienced pain like this before (and I've birthed a 10lb baby with nothing but DH and a flannel). Any advice please?

FelicityMorange Thu 08-Feb-18 18:24:19

Absolutely YANBU - you must get medical attention asap for this.

chandlersfraud Thu 08-Feb-18 18:25:03

Yes call 111 if they are the contact for your GP out of hours - I don't think you need to worry too much about whether to call them in this sort of situation, it's more about not rocking up to a&e if you don't really need to.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: