Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not know how to take this? (lighthearted)

(8 Posts)
confusednotcom2 Thu 08-Feb-18 15:51:42

DS is 3 (4 in March) & is at preschool 9-3.30. He appears to really enjoy it & has a nice relationship with the other children & his teachers. His favourite activities are the creative ones & hes always bringing home paintings, drawings, eggcup construction things. When I collect him the teacher often tells me how busy he has been & the TAs chime in with “so busy”, “super busy”, “busy, busy, busy” etc. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? If I heard an adult described as busy I would see it as a negative. Is DS a pain in the arse & they are being polite?

MrsPMT Thu 08-Feb-18 15:54:30

I don't think so at all, sounds like he's very interested & involved in everything. I think describing an adult as busy suggests they don't have time for anyone but different for a 3 or 4yr old, busy sounds good, IMO.

confusednotcom2 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:10:45

Thank you for reassuring me. I could of course ask his teacher to elaborate but I don’t want them to think they have offended me.

Thistlebelle Thu 08-Feb-18 16:14:16

I’m a bit confused that you see an adult being described as busy as a negative.

However no, it’s not an insult to your DS. It just means he entertains himself and gets involved with the activities. They are telling you that he’s not sitting in a corn crying all day.

It’s a good thing.

confusednotcom2 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:16:02

Busy in the sense of interfering/involved in other people’s business not in the lack of time sense if that makes sense.

Thistlebelle Thu 08-Feb-18 23:49:19

Ah, I see, but that’s a busybody surely? smile

Caroelle Thu 08-Feb-18 23:53:19

I’m sorry to be a party pooper but this might be a polite code for saying that he never settles to do one thing and has a poor attention span. Is he ‘busy’ at home? I would ask them to clarify what they mean.

InToMyHeart Fri 09-Feb-18 00:29:10

What the teacher is saying sounds ok to be but to be honest the TA sounds like a bit of a cock. Why does she need to repeat what the teacher is saying? Does she think the teacher is stupid or that you don't understand? Sounds like the TA is a nosy bitch who is inserting herself into every conversation because she likes the sound of her own voice.
I think the teacher is probably wishing the TA would stop repeating everything she says!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: