Talk

Advanced search

Childminder location

(12 Posts)
justhangingabout Thu 08-Feb-18 15:32:40

How would you feel about sending your LO to a childminder who lives on the same street as your OHs ex and her family?

justhangingabout Thu 08-Feb-18 15:33:59

OH will be picking them up so I'm not sure how I feel about him bumping into them and I certainly don't want my son to be around them. He'd probably stop and say hi to her mother.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Thu 08-Feb-18 15:34:40

What do you think she will do to your kids?

dingdongdigeridoo Thu 08-Feb-18 15:34:56

Are you worried she’s going to abduct your child or otherwise cause it harm? If not, what’s the problem? I assume if you run into her you can be polite and say hello.

justhangingabout Thu 08-Feb-18 15:35:37

I don't think she'll "do anything" I just don't want them to meet in all honesty. That might sound petty but I can't help it!

justhangingabout Thu 08-Feb-18 15:36:23

I just can't stand them being friendly and I certainly don't want my son to be involved in it....

BadPolicy Thu 08-Feb-18 15:42:48

It does sound petty. YAB very U.

justhangingabout Thu 08-Feb-18 15:44:10

Thank you. I actually really need you lot to be harsh on me so it see it! 🙈

I can't help it but the thought of it all makes me shudder....

Kit2015 Thu 08-Feb-18 15:45:29

There has to be more of a back story to this? Was it a bad split? Has she been abusive to you?

dingdongdigeridoo Thu 08-Feb-18 15:46:21

Sorry, but YABU. What do you think is going to happen? They’ll say a friendly hello and start fucking in the middle of the street in front of your child?

I think it’s a good sign when men are friends with exes and can be mature. It shows that they can handle breakups amicably. Would you rather he called her a psycho bitch and said awful things about her?

BlurryFace Thu 08-Feb-18 15:48:24

I live in a small island community where I glimpse my school bullies and my ex from time to time. I also attend the same toddler group as my DH's ex and have befriended her. If I had your attitude it would be difficult for me to leave the house TBH.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Thu 08-Feb-18 16:00:36

You need to get over it OP. Unless she has been spiteful about your DC or threatened them then she is just another person your partner knows who they might bump into from time to time. The DCs wouldn’t know she was anyone other than one of the many people their father talks to on his travels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: