Talk

Advanced search

To ask what next?

(13 Posts)
FantaaTwistt Thu 08-Feb-18 14:51:59

Cut long story short, I can’t stay where I live tonight. I have a few hours before my father gets home (I’m an adult in 20s living with parents) and it will be a very volatile, aggressive situation and I need to sleep elsewhere.

There’s a hotel I’ve found near by for £40 but I’ve no money and my applications for pay day loans have been rejected.

I’m not sure if I can go to shelters etc. I’ve borrowed all I can from family and it’s simply freezing to be wandering about till he’s gone to bed. What on Earth do I do?

Gatehouse77 Thu 08-Feb-18 14:57:36

Sorry to hear about your predicament, it sounds really tough. Are you okay? Do you other family or friends that would help?

Can you google local charities? The Salvation Army, Shelter?

You can also ring Samaritans to talk through what's brought you to this situation. Some branches offer face-to-face too.

QuiteLikely5 Thu 08-Feb-18 14:59:11

You can 100% go to your local council and they will give you a hostel/b&B

FantaaTwistt Thu 08-Feb-18 15:02:55

Will they? I’m not homeless and if I was I’d be intentionally homeless or whatever they call it.

It’s his personality that he’s like this but I’m just not in the mood to deal with it today on top of everything. It’s only a temporary situation but no friends or family I can stay with mlllllllp

Blackteadrinker77 Thu 08-Feb-18 15:06:56

Sell some games, books etc at cex.

raffle Thu 08-Feb-18 15:59:07

Sleep for a few hours then go to the pub till kick out, then 24 hour macdonalds, then early to gym or library?

I know that sounds like a very long night, but if it’s just a one off you could manage?

teaiseverything Thu 08-Feb-18 16:06:46

Sorry you're in this situation. Salvation Army or local church? Do you have Cyrenians branch nearby? They've helped me out of a very shitty situation in the past.

OurMiracle1106 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:07:20

It sounds as if your father is emotionally abusive. If that’s the case phone women’s aid now.

If not where abouts are you? If in London phone st mungos.

The council do have a duty to help if you see leaving due to domestic abuse.

Wellfuckmeinbothears Thu 08-Feb-18 16:08:10

I'm so sorry you're in this situation.

Whereabouts roughly are you in the uk? I would call the salvation army, shelter and possibly the samaritans for advice.

Wellfuckmeinbothears Thu 08-Feb-18 16:09:52

I might be being thick but....isn't st mungo's the hospital for witches and wizards in harry potter?!

OurMiracle1106 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:53:37

St mungos is a London based homeless charity.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Thu 08-Feb-18 17:29:52

QuiteLikely this absolutely is not the case.
If it were, we wouldn't have people living - and dying - on the streets right now.

Oliversmumsarmy Thu 08-Feb-18 17:32:17

If you are in London ride the tube if it just till he goes to bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now