Talk

Advanced search

To ask where to buy kids party gifts...

(15 Posts)
Pikehau Thu 08-Feb-18 10:02:21

My ds is 6 and has a pile of invites. I would like to spend no more than £10 but don’t want to get lots of tat. Currently on mat leave with #3 and pay stopped so need to cut my amazon addiction.

Just wondering where I should go and buy lots of “bargains” so 3for 2 etc

I go to tk maxx and look regularly but sometimes a bit more miss than hit - better for the 3&4 parties.

Any suggestions v welcome!

Thanks for your help!

FrankiesKnuckle Thu 08-Feb-18 10:10:24

Do you have a The works or The entertainer shops near you? They always seem to have 3 for 2.

Keepingupwiththejonesys Thu 08-Feb-18 10:12:04

If you have a home bargains or B&M near you then I'd say go there. They have lots of the "in' toys at good prices. They also have lots of crafty bits that would make great gifts

blinkineckmum Thu 08-Feb-18 10:16:09

The Works or Book People for books. Wilko do some nice (not great quality) craft stuff. Argos 2 for £15 toys.

Barmaid101 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:19:53

Argos 2 for 15 is quite good can get play doh sets etc

Pikehau Thu 08-Feb-18 10:23:44

Super thanks all!

Just googled and b&m is walking distance... just a way I never went!

IncaAztec Thu 08-Feb-18 10:25:15

I go on eBay as some sellers do buy 3 get 10% off type deals. Get better value stuff that way.

buzzybuzzbuzz Thu 08-Feb-18 10:29:46

I'm lazy and usually just put £5 in a card!

£5 seems to be the usual amount around here which suits me fine!

My DS is 6 and DD is 4.
We have a party in a couple of weeks and I'll just put £5 in a card.

GhostWriter666 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:32:37

B&M is good. there was something dd wanted for christmas for £25 but she didnt get. Then she got a "treat" for doing well at school and in her sports club, and saw the exact same thing in B&M for £9.99!!!

Argos 2 for £15 is good too.

I usually try and get something around the £5 mark. It's getting harder and harder to find something for that price that doesn't look like a poundland toy!!

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 08-Feb-18 10:32:46

My dd is the same age. I tend to stock up on offers especially amazon 4 for £10 activity or regular books.

my cheaper go to gifts are a nice colouring book and set of pens/pencils. The works are pretty good.

Or get a set of books from the bookpeople and split them up. So 6 year olds i would either go story book - sue hendra, kipper or fairytales or simple chapter books like jeremy strong or rainbow fairy for girls. and add a small cheap lego bag, tube of sweets or blind bag of choice. Poundland had little ninjago sets for £2 the other day. Not tat but under £5 per gift.

idontlikealdi Thu 08-Feb-18 10:35:07

The Works, Argos 2 for £15 and I buy box sets from the Book People and split them out.

Thank god we are mostly past the party every weekend stage now!

Oriunda Thu 08-Feb-18 10:35:41

I’d say when they’re 6 then cash is better. We just stick cash in a card. By that age the kids have got most of the stuff they need and would prefer money to choose their own thing (and parents would appreciate less plastic). If people ask what my son would like, we say Pokemon cards or coins so he can buy more cards.

Nanny0gg Thu 08-Feb-18 10:40:20

Online - Dotcom gift shop. Especially their sale stuff.

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/gifts-children?ll=tile

Worth buying in bulk!

Allthewaves Thu 08-Feb-18 10:40:30

Smyths toys do 2 for £15

Soubriquet Thu 08-Feb-18 10:49:02

My dd is 4 and currently loves buying beanie boos for her friends.

She has a good collection herself.

They cost £5 each or buy one get one half price at Claire's

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: