Talk

Advanced search

Help, 18wks pregnant abdominal pain/pressure

(8 Posts)
Lndnmummy Thu 08-Feb-18 08:44:58

I know I’m not bu, posting for traffic. I am 18 weeks pregnant and have since last night felt abdominal pains/pressure in my lower abdomen. This is my second child but I never had this with my 1st. I can’t get hold of my midwife. Does it warrant a call to the doctor or not really? I am at work now but feeling worried.

helen650 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:47:35

Yes I would head to the hospital maternity unit and get seen by a midwife there ASAP, you’re not wasting anyone’s time, hopefully all ok and you’ll be reassured x

Lndnmummy Thu 08-Feb-18 08:51:45

Thanks, I really don’t want them to think I’m fussy. Thanks for reassurabce

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 08-Feb-18 08:51:46

What do the pains feel like?

I had all kinds of sensations with my second that I didn't have with my first. It's most likely because things have shifted and muscles stretched and weakened. I remember having a weird pressure in the cervix/ groin area at about the same stage and felt like baby was going to fall out iyswim? Everything was fine and dd is now 14mo.

I agree though that you should call if you're worried. Do you have any other symptoms?

Lndnmummy Thu 08-Feb-18 08:54:36

I have a stich like pain on the left hand side that comes and goes. Then on and off lower pressure almost period cramp like. They are not painful but the pressure is there. I have also suffered from bad head aches for the last few days. I put it all down to stress really, my dad is ill, work is full on, running around after da etc.

Wellfuckmeinbothears Thu 08-Feb-18 08:55:50

Its always worth getting checked over, the midwives will be very understanding and glad you came in.

Hope everything is ok x

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 08-Feb-18 09:01:26

Baby could be having a bit of a growth spurt. It sounds like it could well just be normal aches and pains, especially if there's no bleeding.

However, it does sound like you need to try to slow down a bit as you have a lot going on. And definitely speak to your mw asap. With the added stress you need to take extra care of yourself and they may want to keep an eye on you due to the headache which is a new symptom. flowers

Lndnmummy Thu 08-Feb-18 09:29:54

Thanks everyone, I think that’s it too, normal aches and pains just feeling extra run down with a lot on my mind. The head aches I remember from my previous pregnancy so that’s good in a way. Early night tonight I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: